Windows 10: Why do USB bootable drive not working under Win 10?

Discus and support Why do USB bootable drive not working under Win 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My USB bootable drive (NTFS format) work under window 7, but it does not recognized under window 10. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oemSoft, Oct 11, 2019.

1. oemSoft Win User

Why do USB bootable drive not working under Win 10?

My USB bootable drive (NTFS format) work under window 7, but it does not recognized under window 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

oemSoft, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Multi-bootable USB

We didnt use ISOs, we had to convert them to .imgPTN when we were using them. But we graduated from easy2boot when we could get all the tools we needed on 10.

Thats a whole other issue. If you cant see the USB at all during boot then you wont make any headway getting easy2boot working.

I can try and post the document later when I have some time.

Solaris17, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Why do USB bootable drive not working under Win 10? - Similar Threads - Why USB bootable

2. Bootable USB not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable USB not working: My primary laptop, out of blue, couldn't boot from its Hard drive. Automatic Repair did appear, but that also stopped after once, no options being shown. I suspected it was because my hard drive got corrupted. I got a pendrive, made it bootable using media creation tool.Now,...
  3. Bootable USB not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable USB not working: My primary laptop, out of blue, couldn't boot from its Hard drive. Automatic Repair did appear, but that also stopped after once, no options being shown. I suspected it was because my hard drive got corrupted. I got a pendrive, made it bootable using media creation tool.Now,...
  4. How to Make USB flash drive bootable with Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Make USB flash drive bootable with Win 10: I have purchased some Win 10 licenses, and I tried to use the first one for a 32-bit Win 10 Pro and boot from a USB flash drive. As I use the MediaCreationTool20H2 and chose “Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file for another PC” option, the program did...
  5. Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home?: I would like to know on why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  6. win 10 how to use bootable usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 how to use bootable usb: tech spt not getting back to me - i did get a bootable usb made - i think now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-how-to-use-bootable-usb/6d99932b-6fbc-4129-a435-85deda7074ef
  7. Make bootable USB drive for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make bootable USB drive for Win 10: Task is simple: Making a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 Education - English - 1909 version The hardware I want to use is a Zenbook 14-UX433FA with Endless OS installed (seems a linux distro, never heard of it before) The PC I am working at right now is a Desktop with...
  8. Creating a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a bootable USB drive: Hi, I was experiencing something unexpected, when trying to create the drive. Maybe you can tell me what went wrong, as I do not understand it. So, I wanted to help a friend reinstall the OS via thumb drive. This should be pretty straightforward. Download the ISO use a...
  9. bootable usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    bootable usb drive: I am having issues with a new dell 3781 laptop with win 10 pro. The dell os recovery file installed on a direct download to usb drive won't boot but goes directly to the desktop. To test this I need any bootable usb file software from any source, preferably a small file....
  10. Bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bootable USB drive: Hi I have been speaking to Macrium via Facebook and decided I will go for the full version and have the security of a full image if my notebook ever goes wrong.... plus they gave me a 20% discount code so that is good *Smile Just a couple of questions.... 1. I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create bootable win10 stick