Windows 10: Why do we have to go through all this hassle for Windows networking

Discus and support Why do we have to go through all this hassle for Windows networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks I really get tired of the number of times have to "Reset" routers, reboot loads of devices or clear out all connected devices on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Feb 14, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Why do we have to go through all this hassle for Windows networking

Hi folks

I really get tired of the number of times have to "Reset" routers, reboot loads of devices or clear out all connected devices on Windows Networking just to get a HOME network to run straight out of the box -- all this stuff like SMB level, net lan logon etc etc -- what a DOGS DINNER -- why can't Windows networking (at least on HOME COMPUTERS) work straight out of the box.

Who needs on HOME networking to worry about 99% of the security stuff that corporate LAN's have to do -- also why on earth should typical home users have to worry about setting up DHCP Routing, IPTABLES/ EBTABLES, other routing, DHCP lease times etc etc --what a load of GARBAGE.

Almost any Linux Distro I've used way back for at least 30 years Networking just works straight out of the box.

Each New Windows 10 release or update makes it a complete lottery as to whether the update will hose the whole thing up ( actually a 66% or 2/3rds likelyhood of networking breaking judging by current statistics. !!).

As far as Windows is concerned W7 seemed to have the least problems with connectivity -- C'mon Ms for HOME networks you don't need CIA / Military strength security to get the thing running -- most HOME users just want to be able to share files and stream stuff to locally connected (VIA HOME Lan's for Lan connected TV's, amazon fire sticks etc) hardware --hardly "Mission Critical" security needed for this.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Feb 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Why do we have to go through all this hassle for Windows networking - Similar Threads - Why through hassle

2. basis and we will have to go to a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basis and we will have to go to a: ,mkhiuobkn,'o[nbuhcp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basis-and-we-will-have-to-go-to-a/a32dd402-641a-46ee-bcb3-b04c07b8e68a
  3. basis and we will have to go to a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    basis and we will have to go to a: ,mkhiuobkn,'o[nbuhcp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basis-and-we-will-have-to-go-to-a/a32dd402-641a-46ee-bcb3-b04c07b8e68a
  4. Why is my email not going through?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my email not going through?: I have been sending these emails to myself for many years with no problem. This allows me to go to different libraries without carrying around a flash drive. I could also get the email from my Hotmail sent folder. I just don't think I should have to.I contacted Yahoo and they...
  5. Why is my email not going through?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my email not going through?: I have been sending these emails to myself for many years with no problem. This allows me to go to different libraries without carrying around a flash drive. I could also get the email from my Hotmail sent folder. I just don't think I should have to.I contacted Yahoo and they...
  6. Why do we still have to jump through hoops to share a printer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do we still have to jump through hoops to share a printer?: It has been over a year since windows broke it with security features but there are still no 100% effective foolproof instructions. There was an awesome private hotfix on one of the Win forums that I’m sure was filled with malware but it worked. Why is it still hit or miss...
  7. why are my purchases not going through?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why are my purchases not going through?: I play Roblox with my kids and I am constantly purchasing items from the games. Everything was working fine but now none will go through...this is frustrating....
  8. Windows 10 login. Why do we have to have a PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 login. Why do we have to have a PIN?: Why do we have to have a PIN for windows 10 log in. I know that we can log in lots of different ways but we have to have a PIN even if we don't use it. This is an insecure back door to our accounts. Trevor...
  9. What a Hassle . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    What a Hassle . . .: When I run a movie, or type in a new movie. I use Vex movies. I get a screen with the below words. What's worse. It takes 42 seconds to run. When the message is done, the run is stopped. When, I click to start it. The message is repeated. It would do this over and over. So, I...
  10. WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN?: make us wait some time but don't make us restart, it causes unnecessary damage to parts and is nothing but a scam to cause PC damage it provides ZERO extra security Stop it....