Windows 10: Why do we still rebuild RAID drives?

Discus and support Why do we still rebuild RAID drives? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Worried about the days long rebuild times of 6, 8, or even 10TB drives? Don't be. Object storage is getting rid of that relic of the 25-year-old RAID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Why do we still rebuild RAID drives?

Read more: Why do we still rebuild RAID drives? | ZDNet

Brink, Nov 27, 2016

2. OMG I have asked myself that at work @ a MS site administered by of course, a third party employing meself.

To err is human,
    To arhh is pirate.....
    Attachment 111739

:)

python134r, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade and Raid 5 configuration

Michael

As I said, it all depends on the type of controller and other factors. Since raid 5 has distributed parity I would think you can rebuild it but RAID is such an old technology some of the controllers require very specific rebuilding so I would contact the
    developer

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 27, 2016
  4. Why do we still rebuild RAID drives?

Windows 10 recovery disk creation refuses to recognize flash drive

Issue resolved with a reboot. Recovery drive useless in repairing RAID 1 array, was forced to rebuild the system from Win7.

Nighthawke70, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

Why do we still rebuild RAID drives?

1. Why do we still rebuild RAID drives? - Similar Threads - Why still rebuild

2. Why are we still doing Microsoft's job of fixing the constant problems with their products...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are we still doing Microsoft's job of fixing the constant problems with their products...: Why do we have to go through all this with every single horrible problem our Microsoft products have, and they are endless. Constantly going through all these questions, trying endless fixes that work for a short time or not at all, then after trying everything we can think...
  3. Why are we still doing Microsoft's job of fixing the constant problems with their products...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are we still doing Microsoft's job of fixing the constant problems with their products...: Why do we have to go through all this with every single horrible problem our Microsoft products have, and they are endless. Constantly going through all these questions, trying endless fixes that work for a short time or not at all, then after trying everything we can think...
  4. Why are we still doing Microsoft's job of fixing the constant problems with their products...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why do we still have to jump through hoops to share a printer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do we still have to jump through hoops to share a printer?: It has been over a year since windows broke it with security features but there are still no 100% effective foolproof instructions. There was an awesome private hotfix on one of the Win forums that I’m sure was filled with malware but it worked. Why is it still hit or miss...
  6. Raid boot drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raid boot drive.: I have 2 120gb ssds in my PC. They are from different brands. Is there a way I can somehow combine both of them into a raid that makes them operate as 1 drive, then make it my windows boot drive?...
  7. HH drive shows as intel raid 1 volume do not have raid set up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HH drive shows as intel raid 1 volume do not have raid set up: I have 2 Samsung SSD (one boot) and one wd caviar black hdd that use for other storage. No raid is set. In bios it shows the correct model for the 3 but in the device manager the HDD shows as intel raid 1 volume. The size and everything is correct for the drive. Although I...
  8. RAIDing Profile Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAIDing Profile Drive: My computer has the OS and such on C: and user profiles/documents on D: I want to set up RAID for D. I found out I need to clone D to a third drive, set up a storage pool, then clone that third disk back to the storage pool. I can't clone to the storage pool using macrium,...
  9. RAIDing Profile Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    RAIDing Profile Drive: My computer has the OS and such on C: and user profiles/documents on D: I want to set up RAID for D. I found out I need to clone D to a third drive, set up a storage pool, then clone that third disk back to the storage pool. I can't clone to the storage pool using macrium,...
  10. Single drive with RAID?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Single drive with RAID?: This doesn't make sense. My new Dell 15 XPS (9550) laptop has the BIOS SATA setting set to RAID (not AHCI) and yet it has a single internal OS NVMe PCIe SSD. Any idea why it's not set to AHCI? thanks 54722