Windows 10: Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup?

Discus and support Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here's a perfect example. I just searched because just recently Microsoft Office made one of Microsoft's typical changes without asking about something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by silvanet_1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup?

Here's a perfect example. I just searched because just recently Microsoft Office made one of Microsoft's typical changes without asking about something they have absolutely no reason for doing. I's sure it was due to a recent Office update. Suddenly Word just began starting up automatically!

I checked scheduled tasks and disabled the automatic updates for office there. I also checked in the Apps folder to see if they had stuck something in the Windows Startups, but nope. I read check the Word Options and turn off the display startup screen. That did nothing. It still starts up. I ran System Internals' Autoruns and didn't see anything in the Longons. When I close it and check the task manager, there's nothing there recognizable as well.

Even all you Microsoft trained sycophants should ask yourselves why in the world do you have to go through a million different hidden ways to get at some **** like this Microsoft has pulled. What possible benefit to the user is it for Word to start up automatically?! If the user wants it to run, she can just start it up. ****?

Anyway, after a ton of searching, I came back here to the Community Forum and searched on word starting automatically. Here's one titled "Windows 10: Word automatically opens on startup." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89.

It was asked in December 2017, never resolved, 1240 people with the same question, unresolved, locked. Add me, so 1241.

Here's another titled "Word opening automatically on startup Windows 10"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89.

This one was asked in December 2017, 568 people had the same question. It was also never resolved, locked, and blocked from anyone even adding they had the same question. What the blazes is going on with the people who moderate this?

Look, I know your volunteers and hope to do your best to help, but there's something wrong with Microsoft. Every time they do some change that doesn't need to be done that seems to be standard operating procedure over there, they just cram it down users' throats. We all know there are redundant hundreds of ways to get to the same point in the Windows OS. If something isn't hidden in one place, it's hidden in another.

It's wildly frustrating to have to go through all this when someone gets a bug to do one of these idiotic things. We go through ALL of your suggestions. None of them work. We're often finally forced to find a way to edit the registry which of course Microsoft doesn't support and can often mess up something else.

And the question is still not answered or resolved. This wasn't just an issue in 2017. I've had Office since before then. This garbage just began AGAIN in 2020. Ask. Track it down. Microsoft just did this in a recent Office update. The HUGE unanswered question is WHY? Everybody is getting tired of their hamhanded bullying, blocking competition's apps from their store, bundling their own inferior products, never asking before they make extensive anti-competitive changes to default user set handler apps to force their own on us.

Oh, and here's the most idiotic, shill answer. Get this, this is given as THE ANSWER!

"In Word, click File Account Update Options Update Now regularly, to get the update that fixes this problem as soon as it has been released.

Also, make sure that you get patches for Windows via Windows Update."

That's the LAST thing you ever want to do. Do your research. Microsoft has a horrible history of totally "effing" things up with their updates. After it breaks your computer and you have to go through Dante's Inferno to fix it, you're expected to wait for an update that fixes the mess they created in the first place!

GOOD GOD! THAT'S NOT AN ANSWER

:)

silvanet_1, Jun 23, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup? [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Jun 23, 2020
  3. JOE1865 Win User
    Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup?

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup?

1. Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup? - Similar Threads - Why close lock

2. Exploring the Proliferation of Unresolved Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exploring the Proliferation of Unresolved Questions: I'd like to address the prevalence of unanswered questions within the Microsoft community. While it's important to acknowledge that there are solutions available in the Microsoft community, it's worth noting that Microsoft dominates two-thirds of the operating system market....
  3. Exploring the Proliferation of Unresolved Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exploring the Proliferation of Unresolved Questions: I'd like to address the prevalence of unanswered questions within the Microsoft community. While it's important to acknowledge that there are solutions available in the Microsoft community, it's worth noting that Microsoft dominates two-thirds of the operating system market....
  4. MS Word > Save as PDF Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word > Save as PDF Question: Folks, when I do this, the pdf opens with MS Edge,. How do I save it as a regular pdf that opens by itself without opening in a browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-save-as-pdf-question/5c27fad6-5640-4456-8c77-e30ce17b907b
  5. MS Word > Save as PDF Question

MS Word > Save as PDF Question: Folks, when I do this, the pdf opens with MS Edge,. How do I save it as a regular pdf that opens by itself without opening in a browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-save-as-pdf-question/5c27fad6-5640-4456-8c77-e30ce17b907b
  6. How do you force close files on a DFS share?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you force close files on a DFS share?: We have a DFS share that is replicated across three servers. We have a user group that needs to update certain configuration files on this DFS share and they need to be able to force close those files. On a standard server share, you can do this with Computer Management. Is...
  7. How do you force close files on a DFS share?

How do you force close files on a DFS share?: We have a DFS share that is replicated across three servers. We have a user group that needs to update certain configuration files on this DFS share and they need to be able to force close those files. On a standard server share, you can do this with Computer Management. Is...
  8. MS forcing edge on customers again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS forcing edge on customers again: Microsoft is up to its old tricks and is trying to force customers to use edge by hiding it in updates. MS even has the nerve to place a short cut on your monitor screen. You own your computer and your monitor screen. MS doesn't own any of your private property. One day, U.S....
  9. Unresolved persistent questions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unresolved persistent questions.: I have 3 questions... 1 I am receiving persistent security notices that "unauthorized changes blocked,controlled folder access blocked, EEvent Manager.exe from making changes...how can I fix the problem? 2 I use an archiving program Scan Snap that uses the ABBYY PDF...
  10. MS Word Online Question

MS Word Online Question: I just found this available for free use online. Question, can I add a font I want to use, or is it only whats available in the online version? I got a thing for Star Trek fonts.*Smile 42145