Windows 10: WHY DO YOU KEEP CLOSING TICKETS THAT ARE NOT RESOLVED.

Discus and support WHY DO YOU KEEP CLOSING TICKETS THAT ARE NOT RESOLVED. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ummm, yeah. Im not sure why my font is orange on here. ANYWAYS, QUIT CLOSING TICKETS THAT ARE NOT RESOVLED. LET EM POST THIS FROM 2018: Can't listen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LarryStallard, Aug 10, 2020.

1. WHY DO YOU KEEP CLOSING TICKETS THAT ARE NOT RESOLVED.

Ummm, yeah. Im not sure why my font is orange on here.

ANYWAYS, QUIT CLOSING TICKETS THAT ARE NOT RESOVLED. LET EM POST THIS FROM 2018:

Can't listen to microphone through headphones in Windows 10 without audio delay

To listen to my microphone via my speakers and without any audio delay, I can right-click the volume icon, select Playback Devices, right-click the Speakers device then select Properties, go to the Levels tab then finally raise the level of Pink Input aka microphone.

However, if I select Headphones in the Playback tab instead, I cannot see the slider for Pink Input or Microphone. I only see the output volume slider for the headphones themselves.

The Levels tab in the Playback device properties works fantastic with no delay at all but the Microphone slider only shows for the Speakers device, not for the Headphones device. What can I do to enable the Microphone Pink Input slider in the Headphones Playback device properties?

The usual answer Microsoft Agents give on here to the many other people with this issue is to suggest going to the Recording tab instead of Playback, right-clicking on the Microphone, selecting the Levels tab and enabling Listen To This Device... Please do not waste time suggesting this answer as this Listen feature is broken on every PC I have ever tried it on. It introduces a huge audio delay between the microphone and headset, effectively rendering the feature unusable.

Please also don't waste time telling me how to adjust my microphone recording level - people can hear my mic just fine. I want to hear my mic through the headphones without an audio delay, I do not need to to adjust my recording volume.

Finally, there's no point telling me it's a hardware problem, that the Listen feature in the Recording tab should work without delay or request information about my system as this problem exists on every copy of Windows 10 I've ever used on many different PCs and laptops owned by myself and others. In addiion, looking over this very forum will reveal many people with the same issue who have not been given a proper solution.

If you want to replicate this on your own PC, it is really easy:

1. Plug in a headset with microphone into 3.5mm jacks at the front or rear of your PC. Ideally, also have some speakers connected to see the problem easier.

2. Right-click the Volume icon on the system tray and select Sounds. Select the Recordings tab then right-click your microphone device and select Properties.

3. Go to the Levels tab and click the Listen to this Device checkbox. Select Apply and talk into your mic to notice an unbearable audio delay. This should prove that the Listen feature is essentially broken in Windows 10. Deselect the Listen To This Device checkbox and click Ok before continuing to try the other approach...

4. This time select the Playback tab instead and right-click your Speakers device then select Properties.

5. Go to the Levels tab and adjust the level for Pink Input or whatever your microphone shows as. Speak into your microphone and notice that this plays back without any audio delay but plays through your speakers - we now want to make this play via the headphones instead so lower/mute the Mic level on Speakers again and click Ok to close the Speakers device properties window.

6. On the Playback tab, right-click the Headphones item and select Properties. Go to the Levels tab and you'll see the slider for Microphone or Pink Input no longer exists. There's only an output volume slider for the headphones.

7. Give up in frustration and write a long post on answers .microsoft.com detailing the problem, fully expecting not to be given a useful answer since so many others have already been fobbed off with requests to use the broken Listen feature or told it's a hardware issue - which is demonstrably false.

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS YOU POSTED:

Windows Key+I > Privacy > Microphone
    1. Set allow access to the Micrphone on this device
    2. Allow apps to access your microphone - Make it ON
    3. Choose which apps can access your Microphone - If needed make required to ON.

If above doesn't work -

Please try these options one by one and check after each option.

1. Run Hardware & Devices / Audio Troubleshooters
    Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot >
    A. Click Hardware & Devices > Run the Troubleshooter
    B. Click Playing Audio > Run the Troubleshooter
    C. Recording Audio > Run the troubleshooter
    D. Speech > Run the troubleshooter

2. Microphone is not disabled and is set as default
    Type Sound in Windows Start Seach box > Click Sound > Under Recording tab, right click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices > Select Microphone and click on Properties and make sure that the microphone is enabled > You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

3. Set up microphone
    Type microphone in Windows Start Search box > Click Set up a Microphone > Select required type of microphone for internal mic, select Others > Follow the onscreen directions to set it up

4. Take actions related to Audio Driver
    Windows Key+X > Device Manager > Sound, Video & game controllers > Right Click on the entry below > Properties > Driver Tab >

A. Roll Back - If Roll back driver is enabled, roll it back

B. Uninstall - Uninstall Device and restart to reinstall it automatically

C. Download and reinstall the driver from computer manufacturer's website - If you face issue, let me know your computer make and model?

Source - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

5. Check out other steps in HP Guide for Microphone Not Working

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03421813

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP Potentially Unwanted Products. Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

NONE OF THESE WORK. NONE OF THESE WORK. NONE OF THESE WORK.

Some support instead of closing a ticket AFTER RECEIVING A RESPONSE THAT NONE OF THIS WORKED IS GREAT SERVICE BTW, MICROSOFT.

:)

LarryStallard, Aug 10, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 10, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Aug 10, 2020
  4. WHY DO YOU KEEP CLOSING TICKETS THAT ARE NOT RESOLVED.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

WHY DO YOU KEEP CLOSING TICKETS THAT ARE NOT RESOLVED.

1. WHY DO YOU KEEP CLOSING TICKETS THAT ARE NOT RESOLVED. - Similar Threads - WHY KEEP CLOSING

2. Why was my ticket closed without being solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was my ticket closed without being solved?: I opened a ticket requesting help with Windows activation. The number was 7032682776. I had a digital license in my account that I have been using in my PCs for a long time now. Recently I changed my motherboard and processor and had issues with the activation, specifically...
  3. Why was my ticket closed without being solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why was my ticket closed without being solved?: I opened a ticket requesting help with Windows activation. The number was 7032682776. I had a digital license in my account that I have been using in my PCs for a long time now. Recently I changed my motherboard and processor and had issues with the activation, specifically...
  4. Why was my ticket closed without being solved?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. My ticket was closed without the storage resolved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ticket was closed without the storage resolved.: My ticket was closed without the storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ticket-was-closed-without-the-storage-resolved/543188b3-d360-4450-882c-1bc6494bb8af
  6. My ticket was closed without the storage resolved.

My ticket was closed without the storage resolved.: My ticket was closed without the storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ticket-was-closed-without-the-storage-resolved/543188b3-d360-4450-882c-1bc6494bb8af
  7. My ticket was closed without the storage resolved.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why do you keep locking threads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do you keep locking threads?: At the moment I have an issue with automatic update on Windows 10 slowing my computer to a crawl at an inconvenient time. There are threads concerning this, but I am unable to add this comment. You need to allow us to control when the updates happen, like it did on Windows 7....
  9. Why do you keep locking threads?

Why do you keep locking threads?: At the moment I have an issue with automatic update on Windows 10 slowing my computer to a crawl at an inconvenient time. There are threads concerning this, but I am unable to add this comment. You need to allow us to control when the updates happen, like it did on Windows 7....
  10. Why do you keep locking threads?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade