Windows 10: Why do you still have my old email address as the Administrator to where I cannot change it...

Discus and support Why do you still have my old email address as the Administrator to where I cannot change it... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my printer information, I still have my old email address, so how do I change that to my new email address?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HelenDavis2, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Why do you still have my old email address as the Administrator to where I cannot change it...

On my printer information, I still have my old email address, so how do I change that to my new email address?

:)

HelenDavis2, Jan 28, 2020

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Sue_781 Win User
    How to change Windows 10 administrator email address

I have have a new email address which I use to log into my Microsoft account. However, the old email address (which no longer works) is still associated with the administrator account on my PC. I am the only user and have no other accounts on the device.

How can I change the old administrator email address to the new one?

There are numerous posts on the MS community on this problem but none actually state what to do. I need a step-by-step instruction sheet Why do you still have my old email address as the Administrator to where I cannot change it... :)

Can anyone help?

Sue

Sue_781, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Why do you still have my old email address as the Administrator to where I cannot change it...

Changing administrator email address on windows 10.

Will not allow delete of "old Account email address", only "Manage" tab appears.

Will allow me to delete the "new account" email address though, which is not what I need.

I changed email address on my "Microsoft account", however administrator still shows "old" email address.

Joseph Mire, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Why do you still have my old email address as the Administrator to where I cannot change it...

1. Why do you still have my old email address as the Administrator to where I cannot change it... - Similar Threads - Why still old

2. How do I change my administrator old email address. I have bought a new laptop and saw my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my administrator old email address. I have bought a new laptop and saw my...: I bought a new laptop. My computer man transferred all the info over to this new laptop. I see in the settings under my name is the old email address. I used to have one with Optus but several years ago I changed to gmail. I have spent a lot of time to figure out how I can...
  3. How do I change my administrator old email address. I have bought a new laptop and saw my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my administrator old email address. I have bought a new laptop and saw my...: I bought a new laptop. My computer man transferred all the info over to this new laptop. I see in the settings under my name is the old email address. I used to have one with Optus but several years ago I changed to gmail. I have spent a lot of time to figure out how I can...
  4. I need to change my administrator email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change my administrator email address: I have tried to change my administrator email address without success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-my-administrator-email-address/d3d13e53-0479-4540-b5d5-d7f09ff2e8be
  5. I need to change my administrator email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to change my administrator email address: I have tried to change my administrator email address without success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-my-administrator-email-address/d3d13e53-0479-4540-b5d5-d7f09ff2e8be
  6. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Administrators Email Address: I need to change the email address of my Administrator's account in Windows 10. How do I do that? These does not appear to be anyaccurate instructions for this on the web....
  7. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Administrators Email Address: I need to change the email address of my Administrator's account in Windows 10. How do I do that? These does not appear to be anyaccurate instructions for this on the web....
  8. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Change email address of administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change email address of administrator: Ive typed an email address into the admin and I need to change it. I cannot verify I own it as I don't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-address-of-administrator/a36a24e3-9225-45bc-a37e-5357c9d60ac4"
  10. Changing the Administrator email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the Administrator email address: Hi , I have an old email address for my adminstrator, how can I delete this and update to my new email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-administrator-email-address/59f74682-f69a-4a33-adc0-997805755d66"