Windows 10: Why do your updates ruin everything

Discus and support Why do your updates ruin everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Windows, I was just wondering why you send out updates that destroy computers? I have a HP Pavillion and if I wasn't a bit tech savy then I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NaeNae4, Feb 13, 2021.

1. NaeNae4 Win User

Why do your updates ruin everything

Hi Windows,

I was just wondering why you send out updates that destroy computers? I have a HP Pavillion and if I wasn't a bit tech savy then I would be staring down the barrel of a $400 call out fee by an IT proffessional on a Saturday night to be able to get my laptop to work again. Thankfully I know how terrible your updates are as it has ruined two laptops for me in the past. So I uninstalled your last two updates from the 11th Feb and what do you know I have a functioning laptop again.

My question is, at what point do you have a duty of care to pay for these costs and anxieties that your program causes? The stress and anxiety I have just experienced panic attack included at not being able to use my laptop once again because of your poor software was almost unbearable. Why can I not opt to turn your windows updates off permanently and if I am unable to do this then will you be willing to pay for a new laptop for me the next time your software turns another laptop into an expensive paperweight?

Please contact me asap.

:)

NaeNae4, Feb 13, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Feb 13, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why do your updates ruin everything :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Why do your updates ruin everything

update to Photos app, Windows 10, totally ruining photos

Hello Patricia,

Before we proceed in troubleshooting this concern, may we know the following:

• Did you follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread?
    • Did you also install the same update before you encountered this problem?

We look forward to your response.

Desiree Yau, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Why do your updates ruin everything

1. Why do your updates ruin everything - Similar Threads - Why updates ruin

2. Why does Microsoft ruin everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft ruin everything.: 1st It adds chat safety to Minecraft which has torn the community. 2nd when trying to get back into an account AFTER IT LOGS ME OUT BECUASE OF "ERRORS" it practically asks for all of your private info and if you dont put one thing in it says oH weLl We caNT COnFIRm ThiS. 3rd...
  3. Why does Microsoft ruin everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft ruin everything.: 1st It adds chat safety to Minecraft which has torn the community. 2nd when trying to get back into an account AFTER IT LOGS ME OUT BECUASE OF "ERRORS" it practically asks for all of your private info and if you dont put one thing in it says oH weLl We caNT COnFIRm ThiS. 3rd...
  4. Hotspot updates ruined everything and can't fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hotspot updates ruined everything and can't fix it: Many of you know about the hotspot issue due to windows update but it got worse...I installed all the updates then removed them and tried HostedNetworkStarter no installer ver it's a famous and trustworthy nirsoft tool to create hotspot, when I use the tool computers connects...
  5. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  6. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  7. Windows 10 Update = Ruin everything

Windows 10 Update = Ruin everything: Hello! So I recently just installed the Windows 10 21H1 Update and it just ruined my computer. The first thing it did wrong was that the boot time was the boot time was slightly longer. And even though it was longer, it didn't do anything else either. The boot just sat there...
  8. Updated my windows and it ruined everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated my windows and it ruined everything: So after being forced to update windows last night, my displays lost all their vibrance, and even turning saturation up all the way in nvidia control panel won't fix it. None of the icons on the right side of the taskbar work either, I can't pull up the wifi list or the...
  9. Updates and why do MS completely ruin your computer

Updates and why do MS completely ruin your computer: I have just started a months photographic trip and the first time I connect to internet it updates without any choice, deletes all the programs I need to transfer/store photos and loads all the garbage ie unwanted programs and leaves MY Surface book which I paid £3000 for...
  10. "REFRESH RUINED EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Customization
    "REFRESH RUINED EVERYTHING: Worst decision ever. I will never do what's "recommended" by Window again. What I need to know NOW, is how/where/what do I need to do to get Microsoft word on my lap top again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updates ruin hp

2. why does updating my wimdoes software ruined my laptip

3. windows update ruin evwrything