Windows 10: Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart?

Discus and support Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is this normal? It never did this before yesterday. It only started happening after the new GeForce update. Is it problematic, or do I leave it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankLang1, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart?

Is this normal? It never did this before yesterday. It only started happening after the new GeForce update. Is it problematic, or do I leave it?

Video: https://vimeo.com/517966391

:)

FrankLang1, Mar 1, 2021

2. Forever boot Spinning white dots with black screen no logo 0x80000003

Hello.

My computer doesnt boot. I get forever spinning white dots with black screen just right after MSI logo.

I have 2 windows seperate drives. I had problems in past when this drive couldn't boot. If I remember correctly, 2-3 times I got it to boot by using some of DISM commands, it had similair problem. Dism and sfc scannow fixed it.

But Now any command I use gets to error or crashes. I suspect that disk is in active state or something. Because from second windows drive the broken Nvme samsung evo drive is showing NTFS only and i cannot access it.

But I can access broken disk from any rescue enviroment. The disk is new and tested and it is fine. Files are not damaged.

I tried to provide a bit of debug information. And what I tried. Please let me know if you need anything more.

Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart? [​IMG]

Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart? [​IMG]

melody lady, Mar 1, 2021
  3. midgo Win User
    Anniversary Edition no spinning dots at restart/shutdown

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.
    In my case the system tries to restart but only the screen goes black and then the screen powers off.
    The PC keeps running but will not restart.
    I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.
    Shut down works fine.
    In both cases there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with the restart issue.
    I have tried most suggestions on the interweb:////

midgo, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart?

Black screen with Spinning dots after Windows 10 updates

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the PC’s?
    2. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I suggest you to refer the article Troubleshoot
    black screen or blank screen errors
    , refer the section
    I see a black or colored screen with spinning dots after restarting my device.

However, if the PC’s are connected to domain network, I suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet forumswhere
    we have experts on domain environment.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart?

1. Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart? - Similar Threads - Why does brief

2. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  3. Black screen, spinning dots and cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, spinning dots and cursor: When i start my computer, when motherboard logo disappear, there is just spinning dots an cursor and it never start up. But when i go to safe mode and uninstall gpu driver, it starts up normally. PS i tried to delete uptades and all that.(sorry for my bad English) submitted...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen Spinning White Dots

Windows 10 Black Screen Spinning White Dots: Hello, I turned on my pc today to find that windows would get stuck on a black screen with spinning white circles endlessly. I have tried using my windows installation media to do startup repair, system restore, and I checked the ssd with chkdsk /r in command prompt. None of...
  5. Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.

Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.: After showing the asrock logo, it changes to the black screen with the spinning circle. It does this for a few minutes and then finally loads into windows. I recently upgraded my PC with an m.2 ssd, changed the RAM, upgraded CPU from Intel to AMD. I configured the PC to boot...
  6. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  7. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  8. Forever boot Spinning white dots with black screen no logo 0x80000003

Forever boot Spinning white dots with black screen no logo 0x80000003: Hello. My computer doesnt boot. I get forever spinning white dots with black screen just right after MSI logo. I have 2 windows seperate drives. I had problems in past when this drive couldn't boot. If I remember correctly, 2-3 times I got it to boot by using some of DISM...
  9. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update: Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task...
  10. Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots: Hello all, My computer just started doing a very weird thing. I've had Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8100 for about 3 months now. Just recently, after it sits idle for about an hour or so, it will shut down and reboot on its own. It will go to the Windows 10 splash screen, the...