Windows 10: Why does a number pad appear on the screen when I wake my PC?

Discus and support Why does a number pad appear on the screen when I wake my PC? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro, v10.0.18363. I've noticed recently that when I wake my PC from sleep my sign-in screen appears wanting my pin, but a number pad... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by juzdownunder, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Why does a number pad appear on the screen when I wake my PC?

I have Windows 10 Pro, v10.0.18363. I've noticed recently that when I wake my PC from sleep my sign-in screen appears wanting my pin, but a number pad overlay appears at the bottom of the screen. I can't type my pin in using the numpad on my keyboard unless I press ESC first to remove the number pad on the screen. I can click the numbers on this overlay for my PIN but I'd rather type it in myself. Does anyone know how I can stop this from appearing?

:)

juzdownunder, Jun 9, 2020

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    how do i put the number pad on the sign in screen

For us the further understand your concern, kindly take a screenshot or a picture of your wife's sign in page on her computer with the number pad showing and post it here. We want to see what the number pad looks like. Upon checking on our end, only touch-enabled
    computers have the function that will show the number pad when entering the PIN. If possible, kindly send us also the computer model number of your computer and your wife's computer. To know the model of your computer, kindly do these steps:

• On the lower left corner of your screen, right click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Run.
    • On run, type msinfo32, and then press OK.
    • The System Information window will show up. On the right pane, look for
      System Model.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Why does a number pad appear on the screen when I wake my PC?

how do i put the number pad on the sign in screen

If you haven't setup a PIN on your Windows 10 computer, you need to setup a password first before you can setup a PIN. If you're using a Microsoft account as your login, your computer already has a password but if your using a local account without a password,
    you need to assign a password first. To do this, follow these steps:

• Login to your computer.
    • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • If you haven't setup any password on your user account, you can click the
      Add
      button under Password. If you already have password, you can click the
      Add button under PIN.
    Follow the steps above to setup a password or PIN to your computer. After setting up a PIN, check if the onscreen number pad will appear when you sign in with a PIN.

Also, kindly send us the exact system model of your computer and your wife's computer. The model that you posted is not being recognized by HP. Follow the steps we provided on our last reply to get the system model of the computer. We need to know this because
    some of HP's all-in-one computers have a touch screen functionality. You mentioned that your wife's computer is a slightly later model. Her computer may have a touch screen functionality that is why she can see the onscreen number pad when she signs in using
    a PIN.

After setting up a PIN, kindly inform us if you're able to see the number pad when signing in with a PIN.

Argel Obm, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Why does a number pad appear on the screen when I wake my PC?

1. Why does a number pad appear on the screen when I wake my PC? - Similar Threads - Why does number

2. Why does my pc black screen when I play games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc black screen when I play games?: My pc keeps crashing when I play games that require intensive gpu and cpu utilization ex. insurgency sandstorm. My event viewer shows this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8007eefb320,...
  3. Why does my pc black screen when I play games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc black screen when I play games?: My pc keeps crashing when I play games that require intensive gpu and cpu utilization ex. insurgency sandstorm. My event viewer shows this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8007eefb320,...
  4. Why does my pc black screen when I play games?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?: I've been having the issue with my PC where it won't wake from sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or wiggle the mouse and it seems to wake up since the light on my external hard drive comes on apart from the display is black. The only way to get it to properly wake up is a...
  6. Why does my number pad in my laptop keyboard press random spaces and press enter when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my number pad in my laptop keyboard press random spaces and press enter when i...: so i've been having a problem recently and it's that when i have number lock activated so i can use the numbers in my number pad and i press 0, the computer starts putting random spaces and it starts opening the search bar sometimes when i'm in my desktop. i'm sure i have not...
  7. Why does my number pad in my laptop keyboard press random spaces and press enter when i...

Why does my number pad in my laptop keyboard press random spaces and press enter when i...: so i've been having a problem recently and it's that when i have number lock activated so i can use the numbers in my number pad and i press 0, the computer starts putting random spaces and it starts opening the search bar sometimes when i'm in my desktop. i'm sure i have not...
  8. Why does this program code appear on my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this program code appear on my screen?: I frequently incur this bug on my Windows 11 machine that displays the programming source code all over my screen. But I noticed that the start button displays over this bug. I am facing this all the time. This bug persists even if I restart. I am having a hard time using the...
  9. Why does this program code appear on my screen?

Why does this program code appear on my screen?: I frequently incur this bug on my Windows 11 machine that displays the programming source code all over my screen. But I noticed that the start button displays over this bug. I am facing this all the time. This bug persists even if I restart. I am having a hard time using the...
  10. number pad

in Windows 10 Support
    number pad: don't know if this is a win 10 problem or my samsung np550p7c-02uk laptop only the number 5 works on it 3592