Windows 10: Why does a single SDHC card show up as 4 separate drives?

Discus and support Why does a single SDHC card show up as 4 separate drives? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First off, I like to have "view hidden folders and drives" checked when using Windows 10 --just a preference. And certainly when I uncheck that, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sgt panties, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Why does a single SDHC card show up as 4 separate drives?

First off, I like to have "view hidden folders and drives" checked when using Windows 10 --just a preference. And certainly when I uncheck that, this problem goes away, but the question still stands: Why, when I insert a 32Gb SDHC card, formatted as FAT32, does it show up in File Explorer as four (4) separate drives? One is labeled, usable, and has the expected capacity. The other three are of unknown format and zero space. A minor bug, no?

:)

sgt panties, Jun 30, 2016
  2. zooounds Win User

Nokia 6267 - 8 GB memory card

All 4GB SD-cards is SDHC and the phone support 4 GB according to Nokia so the phone deos read SDHC-cards, the question is: Why not 8 GB.

zooounds, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Samsung i780 - Storage Card go missing ...

4 GB and up are mostly SDHC cards. I don't know if the i780 supports SDHC cards and until which size they are supported.

http://www.mobilityminded.com

Mark Briggeman, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Why does a single SDHC card show up as 4 separate drives?

Oh, sorry, dumb question. I was using a Kingston card reader to read my SDHC card. The reader has four slots for various sizes of memory cards. The extra three hidden drives represent the empty three slots. So if there is any bug, it's in my brain.

sgt panties, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Rocky Win User
    The simple answer is partitions. The more complex answer has to deal with how the SDHC card was originally used and formatted. I have a little 16 GB card that I use for my Pi and it has been formatted into several partitions.

Rocky, Jun 30, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    OK, I see that you figured it out. Good job.

Rocky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why does a single SDHC card show up as 4 separate drives?

1. Why does a single SDHC card show up as 4 separate drives? - Similar Threads - Why does single

2. SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.: I have recently bought a 8TB SSD, and it is showing up as 4 different drives in disk management. I have also unallocated all the storage in an attempt to reformat the drive to be one disk, but I am having trouble getting it to work....
  3. SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.: I have recently bought a 8TB SSD, and it is showing up as 4 different drives in disk management. I have also unallocated all the storage in an attempt to reformat the drive to be one disk, but I am having trouble getting it to work....
  4. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.: A year ago, I bought a PC with a 480 GB NVMe SSD. Back then, in the store from I bought it, they asked me if i wanted to split the drive into two partitions of equal capacity 223223 GB which I accepted. Today I was trying to reinstall windows from a usb recovery media, and I...
  5. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.: A year ago, I bought a PC with a 480 GB NVMe SSD. Back then, in the store from I bought it, they asked me if i wanted to split the drive into two partitions of equal capacity 223223 GB which I accepted. Today I was trying to reinstall windows from a usb recovery media, and I...
  6. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. SDHC card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SDHC card: Data on my SDHC card in my Windows 10 laptop I accidently deleted . Any chance I can recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sdhc-card/76bc6f6b-a15f-4466-8238-29b9e92e0b18
  8. SDHC card

SDHC card: I took some new pictures from my camera SDHC card and transferred them to my laptop computer. Now I want to erase the SDHC card so it is blank and replace it in my camera. How do I do this? Currently all pictures I have ever taken still remain on my SDHC card....
  9. reformatting an sdhc card

reformatting an sdhc card: hi can anyone help, I'm using windows 10 and would like to format a 2gb sdhc card from fat32 to fat16 so I can use in my Nikon D50 camera as it only accepts sd not sdhc...
  10. SDHC Card reader

SDHC Card reader: My Inspiron One will not read SDHC Cards since my upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/sdhc-card-reader/baed2b27-52ac-46ec-8b34-043faa5a5d1d