Windows 10: Why does Administrator approval pop-up?

Discus and support Why does Administrator approval pop-up? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't know what setting I've changed to make this popup requiring password for software install. Before the popup required a Yes or No to install,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GARoss, Jan 8, 2018.

1. GARoss Win User

Why does Administrator approval pop-up?

I don't know what setting I've changed to make this popup requiring password for software install. Before the popup required a Yes or No to install, not Administrator password. I am the owner, administrator & the only user on this PC.

How do I fix this?

Why does Administrator approval pop-up? [​IMG]

:)

GARoss, Jan 8, 2018

2. Critical Error Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Many thanks, Gerry.

Is this a MS approved fix?

Does it solve the problem that causes the error..or is it likely to keep coming up?

Will it affect the Windows solution promised in the error pop up?

Is it known why it happens? It seems to be quite common.

Regards

Dennis

DennisJohnSmith, Jan 8, 2018
  3. RDK2 Win User
    Can't delete a file/folder even using the Administrator account

I just got a new DELL Inspiron 15 laptop. The first thing I did was install Acronis 2018 and make a backup copy of the c/system drive to an external hard drive.

My next step was to try to copy that file from the external hard drive to a "BACKUP" folder on the new laptop. It throws an error asking for administrator approval. I clicked ok and it again asked for administrator approval. So I cancelled out only to
    find that there was a 0 KB file in the BACKUP folder with the file name of the file I wanted to copy over.

Now I tried to just delete the 0 KB file. It wants administrator approval, clicking on the shield does not help. Trying to delete to folder also does not work.

I enabled the real "ADMINISTRATOR" account and got the same result.

I changed the ownership to ADMINISTRATOR, still no happiness.

1) How can it remove/delete these files?

2) Why is it failing in the first place?

3) How can I copy these files to that folder?

I can copy other files off of that external drive to that folder with out issues.

Thanks....Rob

RDK2, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

It looks like you have done two things, the first was to enable the built-in Administrator account (that's the account named Administrator.) The second was to change your own account from an administrator to a standard user.

To fix this you need to sign in as Administrator and set your own account back to being an administrator.

Bree, Jan 8, 2018
  5. GARoss Win User
    Fixed it! Thanks.

GARoss, Jan 8, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    *Thumbs

Great! You're lucky you had the built-in Administrator already enabled, otherwise it would have been much more complicated to fix *Smile

What I normally recommend is that you make a second local administrator account for maintenance/repairs like this. Then you can disable the Administrator. It's disabled by default because it isn't restricted by UAC, it's safer to use a normal admin account.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Administrator approval pop-up? - Similar Threads - Why does Administrator

2. Microsoft Authenticatior not popping up to approve

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticatior not popping up to approve: Hello, I have the MA app for work using Workforce Diminutions and it will not pop up to approve my request to log in. I have to either use the link to stating that I can't get use it or send a code and I never get the code....
  3. Microsoft Authenticatior not popping up to approve

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Authenticatior not popping up to approve: Hello, I have the MA app for work using Workforce Diminutions and it will not pop up to approve my request to log in. I have to either use the link to stating that I can't get use it or send a code and I never get the code....
  4. Why does the action center keep popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does the action center keep popping up: When I press the enter key or backspace, sometimes the action center randomly pops up.When I restart my computer it still occurs, and I even went as far as to disable the action center entirely, and it's still happening.Any way to fix this?...
  5. Why does the action center keep popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the action center keep popping up: When I press the enter key or backspace, sometimes the action center randomly pops up.When I restart my computer it still occurs, and I even went as far as to disable the action center entirely, and it's still happening.Any way to fix this?...
  6. why does powershell pop up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does powershell pop up randomly: Hello, i dont know why Windows PowerShell its randomly opening while i use my laptop for example when i was in the middle of my League of Legends match it random opens and then closes, i tryed to solve it with some tutorials and nothing worked if someone can help me will be...
  7. why does powershell pop up randomly

why does powershell pop up randomly: Hello, i dont know why Windows PowerShell its randomly opening while i use my laptop for example when i was in the middle of my League of Legends match it random opens and then closes, i tryed to solve it with some tutorials and nothing worked if someone can help me will be...
  8. Administrator Approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Approval: I am trying to find out how to remove the requirement for administrator approval when I open a portable hard drive that I always have attached to my Surface Pro 7? It is a trusted drive for a home system & does not necessitate admin approval when I attempt to access the...
  9. Administrator Approval

Administrator Approval: I am trying to find out how to remove the requirement for administrator approval when I open a portable hard drive that I always have attached to my Surface Pro 7? It is a trusted drive for a home system & does not necessitate admin approval when I attempt to access the...
  10. Administrator approval required for installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Administrator approval required for installation: When I go to the Microsoft store and try to install a game (for example "Age of Empires Definitive Edition") I see a grayed out "Install" button. [ATTACH] I am logged in using an administrator account. What do I do now?...