Windows 10: Why does ALT+TAB also require me to press ENTER?

Discus and support Why does ALT+TAB also require me to press ENTER? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 home pre-loaded and it has some quirks which are driving me crazy. One of them is that, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fahedb, Sep 25, 2018.

1. fahedb Win User

Why does ALT+TAB also require me to press ENTER?

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 home pre-loaded and it has some quirks which are driving me crazy.

One of them is that, when I ALT+TAB through various windows, I often have to press ENTER to complete the move from 1 window to the next. So, ALT+TAB will bring up the small window selector dialogue and TAB will let me jump from one window selector the next. But when I let go, I don't get sent to the selected window. Instead, the selector dialog stays open until I press ENTER, after which it sends me to the selected window.

To make matters even more frustrating, this doesn't happen all of the time. Some times it works as Windows has always worked.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to bring my torture to an end?

If it helps you to diagnose the situation, I'm also suffering from the following...

1. When using CTRL commands, I often have to press the command letter twice for it to take affect. So, if I want to print, I will have to press CTRL+P+P. This also happens on and off and I'm not sure if it happens anywhere other than Google Chrome.

2. Num Lock seems to have a timer attached to it. So, I'll lock Num Lock and be able to key numbers for some time. But when I use it again, the Num Lock has gone.

As you can imagine, I'm going absolutely mad here. Your help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

:)

fahedb, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

How to enable/require ctrl alt del in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, and type netplwiz in search box and then press Enter. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation

• Click the Advanced tab, select the
      require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
      check box, and then click
      OK

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 25, 2018
  4. xCustom17 Win User

ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant.

But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the open programs, and when I release the combo, it would switch me to the program. But now I've noticed that when I press ALT+TAB, and release the combo, the little UI thingy still stays open and I either need to click the choice or press enter or something. And this is really annoying since I switch programs on a regular basis and this extra step feels unnecessary.

xCustom17, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does ALT+TAB also require me to press ENTER? - Similar Threads - Why does ALT+TAB

2. Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.: It seems to happen with only a few games specifically but Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me. Can anyone help me figure out whats going on and how to fix it?...
  3. Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.: It seems to happen with only a few games specifically but Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me. Can anyone help me figure out whats going on and how to fix it?...
  4. Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab: Hello,I'm experiencing an issue with Alt+Tab behavior on Microsoft Edge tabs after changing the settings in Alt+Tab Window under Settings > System > Multitasking > All Tabs in Windows 11. Specifically, the tabs aren't switching when I press Alt+Tab. Has anyone else...
  6. The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab

The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab: Hello,I'm experiencing an issue with Alt+Tab behavior on Microsoft Edge tabs after changing the settings in Alt+Tab Window under Settings > System > Multitasking > All Tabs in Windows 11. Specifically, the tabs aren't switching when I press Alt+Tab. Has anyone else...
  7. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  8. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  9. Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again: Repro: Alt + Tab Switch from current app to last used Release Alt and Tab Press Alt + Tab again Expected: Switch from current app to last used Actual: Switches from current app to second last used Workaround: Release Alt and Tab and wait a full second or two...
  10. why does this happen (things freeze and alt+tab freezes)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why does this happen (things freeze and alt+tab freezes): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lolfoxie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdz68o/why_does_this_happen_things_freeze_and_alttab/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alt tab requires enter