Windows 10: Why does an app downloaded and installed in a child account only show up in the admin account?

Discus and support Why does an app downloaded and installed in a child account only show up in the admin account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed a game for my kids while logged in under their account. However, it only shows up under my admin account. I can launch the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrDadMan, Apr 13, 2021.

1. MrDadMan Win User

Why does an app downloaded and installed in a child account only show up in the admin account?

I downloaded and installed a game for my kids while logged in under their account. However, it only shows up under my admin account. I can launch the game from their side by trying to re-run the installer and providing admin authorization, which then launches the game without actually running the install, but obviously I would rather that it is just there by default for them to use.

:)

MrDadMan, Apr 13, 2021
  2. creativex Win User

How to change admin account to child account

Hi

I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the
    Windows update/free Upgrade.

How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account
    is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account
    as a second admin on the computer.

Thanks

creativex, Apr 13, 2021
  3. NinkobEi Win User
    windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Jan123 Win User

Why does an app downloaded and installed in a child account only show up in the admin account?

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does an app downloaded and installed in a child account only show up in the admin account? - Similar Threads - Why does app

2. Cannot download apps on childs account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  3. Cannot download apps on childs account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  4. Why do some apps downloaded on second regular account only show up on the first admin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some apps downloaded on second regular account only show up on the first admin...: Some of the applications that I have downloaded do not show up on the desktop of my second account which is the regular account, but it will show up on the admin account. I can still access them through file explorer and sometimes in the app search bar, but it is...
  5. Why do some apps downloaded on second regular account only show up on the first admin...

Why do some apps downloaded on second regular account only show up on the first admin...: Some of the applications that I have downloaded do not show up on the desktop of my second account which is the regular account, but it will show up on the admin account. I can still access them through file explorer and sometimes in the app search bar, but it is...
  6. custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account

custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account: i installed the following cursor pack:https://www.deviantart.com/mj-lim/art/Android-Material-Cursors-Blue-606792782or any other theme for that matter.just right clicked the install.inf file, clicked install, thats it.it does not show up on my user account - when i log into...
  7. custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom mouse cursor theme not showing up on user account, only on admin account: i installed the following cursor pack:https://www.deviantart.com/mj-lim/art/Android-Material-Cursors-Blue-606792782or any other theme for that matter.just right clicked the install.inf file, clicked install, thats it.it does not show up on my user account - when i log into...
  8. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account not showing in manage child accounts: One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions. I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I...
  9. Programs not showing up on child's account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs not showing up on child's account: Hi, I have 2 labtops both with different child's accounts on them. On one of them, the downloaded apps, like Chrome and Firefox show up on both mine and my child's. However, on the other one, only the Chrome shows up. I can't figure out how to access Firefox from the...
  10. How to change admin account to child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change admin account to child account: Hi I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the Windows update/free Upgrade. How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account as a...