Windows 10: Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

Discus and support Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to clear some space on my windows 11 laptop.I've run the usual "cleaning disk" and it didn't help at all. I've cleaned :C drive doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M. Desurmont, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

Hi, I'm trying to clear some space on my windows 11 laptop.I've run the usual "cleaning disk" and it didn't help at all. I've cleaned :C drive doesn't change a thing.I downloaded WinDirStat which scan the whole disk in detail and shows where are the biggest files and folders.When sum up it says there's around 180gb of used space out of 454gb.In windows storage it says i'm using 359gb.... so there's about 180gb of hidden / invisible files. Mostly "apps" but no... I've checked again and again.And don't get me wrong, I do know what I'm doing but simply don't understand why, and where are those fi

:)

M. Desurmont, Mar 31, 2023
  2. HailLaure Win User

Why does Apps and Features say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

I’m trying to make room on my computer and noticed that Apps and Features in storage settings says it takes up 134GB. I went through all the apps to try and figure out how the heck that happened and noticed that:

1) there are a bunch of apps that don’t list a storage size beside them (this includes things from Epson, Dropbox, Norton Security, Spotify, Steam, etc). I also uninstalled Spotify to see how much it would make a difference and nothing changed, even after
    a restart.

2) if I add up everything manually, including my best estimates for these files without the storage size listed, I come at most to 50GB. Are there other apps in this section that aren’t shown or why would this be happening?

HailLaure, Mar 31, 2023
  3. TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

1. Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps? - Similar Threads - Why does Apps

2. Why does does my storage say it is more full than it is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does does my storage say it is more full than it is?: My computer has 433 GB total. Currently, when I check my storage, it says I have 25 GB left. After adding up all of my installed apps, temp files, other profiles, documents, etc. I arrived at a total of just over 373 GB taken up, meaning I should have about 60 GB left. I am...
  3. Why does does my storage say it is more full than it is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does does my storage say it is more full than it is?: My computer has 433 GB total. Currently, when I check my storage, it says I have 25 GB left. After adding up all of my installed apps, temp files, other profiles, documents, etc. I arrived at a total of just over 373 GB taken up, meaning I should have about 60 GB left. I am...
  4. Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?: Hi, I'm trying to clear some space on my windows 11 laptop.I've run the usual "cleaning disk" and it didn't help at all. I've cleaned :C drive doesn't change a thing.I downloaded WinDirStat which scan the whole disk in detail and shows where are the biggest files and...
  5. Why does apps and features say it's taking up more storage than all my apps combined?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does apps and features say it's taking up more storage than all my apps combined?: In my settings in the storage section it says apps & features takes up 11.7 GB of my storage even though the apps I have installed only add up to a little less then 600 MB. Why does it say this and how can I free up this storage?...
  6. Why does apps and features say it's taking up more storage than all my apps combined?

Why does apps and features say it's taking up more storage than all my apps combined?: In my settings in the storage section it says apps & features takes up 11.7 GB of my storage even though the apps I have installed only add up to a little less then 600 MB. Why does it say this and how can I free up this storage?...
  7. Why does apps and features say it's taking up more storage than all my apps combined?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why does my Apps and Features storage section say it's full when the sum of what is in it...

Why does my Apps and Features storage section say it's full when the sum of what is in it...: I have been running my mac computer on an un-activated version of bootcamp, and my computer has been running well, besides this problem. My total storage space on my computer is 140 GB, and each category adds up to equal around that much; my computers storage is full. The...
  9. Why does Apps & features say it's taking up more storage than all my apps combined?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Apps & features say it's taking up more storage than all my apps combined?: I have about 4gb of apps downloaded. When I go to storage settings it shows that apps & features takes up 13.9gb of storage when the sum of my apps only takes up about 4gb. While adding up how much storage my apps use manually, I noticed that there are some apps that don't...
  10. Why does Apps and Features say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Apps and Features say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?: I’m trying to make room on my computer and noticed that Apps and Features in storage settings says it takes up 134GB. I went through all the apps to try and figure out how the heck that happened and noticed that: 1 there are a bunch of apps that don’t list a storage size...