Windows 10: why does backspace take you back to the previous page?

Discus and support why does backspace take you back to the previous page? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yupper. I learned something new as well. *Biggrin Well, I guess we never mistakenly hit the back key to find out now did we? *Biggrin In fact, I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mccririck, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Tony K Win User

why does backspace take you back to the previous page?

Well, I guess we never mistakenly hit the back key to find out now did we? *Biggrin

In fact, I don't remember ever seeing it on a combo keys list.

Tony K, Jun 7, 2015
  2. Berton Win User

It also works on Mac OS X in Firefox and SeaMonkey.

Berton, Jun 7, 2015
  3. Edwin New Member
    You can disable it in Firefox, (about:config), but I have no clue how to disable it in Spartan!

browser.backspace_action [Integer] - Determines what the Backspace key does in Firefox. The default value of 0 in Windows means that pressing Backspace on a web page will take you back a page; if set to 1, you will scroll up the page when Backspace is pressed; if set to 2 or above, pressing Backspace on a page will have no impact. This preference does not apply to pressing the Backspace key in any text box on a page.

why does backspace take you back to the previous page? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 7, 2015
  4. mccririck Win User

Yes, the link earlier in this thread stated that there is no was of disabling it in IE, so spartan is probably similar.

mccririck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. why does backspace take you back to the previous page? - Similar Threads - why does backspace

2. Why does Edge keep going back to previous page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Edge keep going back to previous page: I can’t fill out any forms, submit any questions while using edge. Edge randomly goes back to previous page. Seems like Microsoft is trying to ignore this problem. Is anybody trying to fix it?...
  3. Why does Edge keep going back to previous page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Edge keep going back to previous page: I can’t fill out any forms, submit any questions while using edge. Edge randomly goes back to previous page. Seems like Microsoft is trying to ignore this problem. Is anybody trying to fix it?...
  4. why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page: it happens most of the time when I am selecting multiple photos at once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-my-file-explorer-accidentally-go-back-to/79f13f04-d8d3-4f8b-935e-b7cfc54d71d9
  5. why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page: it happens most of the time when I am selecting multiple photos at once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-my-file-explorer-accidentally-go-back-to/79f13f04-d8d3-4f8b-935e-b7cfc54d71d9
  6. why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page

7. backspace button taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace button taking screenshots: For some odd reason for my backspace takes screenshots and displays them on my desktop. I have to press SHIFT every single time with backspace now. usually, a restart works for the first couple of minutes but then it starts occurring again. my sticky, toggle, and filter keys...
  8. backspace button taking screenshots

backspace button taking screenshots: For some odd reason for my backspace takes screenshots and displays them on my desktop. I have to press SHIFT every single time with backspace now. usually, a restart works for the first couple of minutes but then it starts occurring again. my sticky, toggle, and filter keys...
  9. backspace button taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Enable Backspace Key to go back to the previous page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Backspace Key to go back to the previous page in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]There are many ways to perform an action in Windows 10 or Microsoft Edge […] This article Enable Backspace Key to go back to the previous page in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...