Windows 10: Why does BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key take 30-days to be re-issued ?

Discus and support Why does BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key take 30-days to be re-issued ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have changed my log-in/password in my Windows 10 but when I follow... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FoundLostDogs, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Why does BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key take 30-days to be re-issued ?

I have changed my log-in/password in my Windows 10 but when I follow https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key and follow :-

In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys.
    I get message:-

You can't access this site at the moment
    This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info is updated on 02/10/2018 (Oct-02,2018), you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code.

Why do I have to wait 30-days and is there any way of hurrying this up ?

:)

FoundLostDogs, Sep 4, 2018

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Issues with entering recovery key for safe mode

Hello,

Apology for the delay in response.

What is the make and model of your device?

Did you tried using function keys(F1-F10) to enter BitLocker recovery key?

Did you tried using some other external keyboard?

Suggest you to disable the Bit locker Drive Encryption to see if it helps. You can follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption:

• Click Start, type Manage BitLocker and select same from the list.

• Under BitLocker Drive Encryption, find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off(I.e. In this case you system drive), and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Once done, try to check if you're able to boot into Safe Mode successfully.

Keep us posted for any concerns with windows, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ratandeep Win User

Why does BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key take 30-days to be re-issued ?

No recovery key of BitLocker drive

Hello Anuradha,

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

Did you create any USB drive which contains pin to unlock the BitLocker drive?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I also realize the inconvenience you are experiencing due to BitLocker issue. I will certainly help you.

BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or inappropriately decommissioned computers.

You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your operating system drive (the drive where Windows is installed), a fixed data drive (such as an internal hard drive), or a removable data drive (such as a USB flash drive). The way
    you unlock an encrypted drive depends on two things:

- What kind of drive it is.

- What kind of unlock method you chose when you set up BitLocker on the drive.

I would suggest you to refer these articles and check if it helps.

Refer:

Find my BitLocker recovery key

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Additional Information:

BitLocker

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/bitlocker-overview

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Why does BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key take 30-days to be re-issued ?

1. Why does BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key take 30-days to be re-issued ? - Similar Threads - Why does BitLocker

2. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  3. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  4. identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key: Ok, so I'm an everyday user of my laptop who has a low to moderate understanding of some of the back end processes.I have a piece of software that is not responding and the developer has told me "You likely have some software on your computer intefering with xxx. Try...
  5. identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key: Ok, so I'm an everyday user of my laptop who has a low to moderate understanding of some of the back end processes.I have a piece of software that is not responding and the developer has told me "You likely have some software on your computer intefering with xxx. Try...
  6. identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: I purchased a second hand HP ProDesk PC and supplier replaced original SSD with new larger capacity. BitLocker was and remains turned on. I wasn't aware until I spent some time updating Win10 Pro and downloading some programs and data.Via Control Panel > BitLocker Drive...
  8. Bitlocker encryption key recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker encryption key recovery: My Dell windows 10 laptop is acting up. Won't finish booting up.. Try to run clean disk and keep getting asked for my bit locker encryption key... I've never set this up machine bought new in a store. Help! Please... Steve...
  9. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: On Windows 10, I'm trying to set up a Bitlock Recovery Key and I accepted the Print option. On the print out I am being asked to compare the start of the identifier on the print out with the identifier on my computer to see if it matches. Where on the computer would I find...
  10. BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key: I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive nothing happens. No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker 30 days

2. does bitlocker unlock after 30 days

3. unable to access bitlocker recovery key due to 30 days account suspension