Windows 10: Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?

Discus and support Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my work machine which runs windows 10 anything I open that is pinned to the taskbar just opens from the taskbar, so if I minimize it there aren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/four_degrees_warmer, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?

On my work machine which runs windows 10 anything I open that is pinned to the taskbar just opens from the taskbar, so if I minimize it there aren't two different icons for that program on the taskbar, just the one with a grey line under it.

However on my personal laptop, some programs Chrome most frustratingly opens a new icon with a small blue circle and so there are two chrome icons on the taskbar, one for the windows I have open and one that just opens another instance of Chrome. This causes me to accidentally click the wrong one constantly.

Is there any solution to this?

submitted by /u/four_degrees_warmer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/four_degrees_warmer, Dec 20, 2019
  2. smerling Win User

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

smerling, Dec 20, 2019
  3. HoanCu Win User
    Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

Hi,

Follow these simple steps:

1. Open Chrome

2. After having 2 Chrome icon, Unpin the icon that's not open

3. Right click the other, choose pin from taskbar

Next time you click Chrome it won't appear 2 icon on the taskbar.

Hopefully it works for you.

Dears

HoanCu, Dec 20, 2019
  4. tollmen Win User

Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?

open program icons in taskbar

Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its
    window to the foreground when I click in the taskbar; in order to see the open Excel window I can't just click on it, I have to minimize the open Chrome window. What has happened to the taskbar?

tollmen, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?

1. Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it? - Similar Threads - Why does Chrome

2. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?: I logged into my microsoft account recently on my PC and when that happened all of a sudden I can no longer open chrome. Every time I attempt to open it, it opens for less than a second and then closes. I saw another person making a question about this and the response was...
  3. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?: I logged into my microsoft account recently on my PC and when that happened all of a sudden I can no longer open chrome. Every time I attempt to open it, it opens for less than a second and then closes. I saw another person making a question about this and the response was...
  4. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why can’t I open chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can’t I open chrome?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mymomlooksatthis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5ckw2/why_cant_i_open_chrome/
  6. I Can't Open Chrome When Right Clicking The Icon On The Taskbar-New Window or Incognito

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Can't Open Chrome When Right Clicking The Icon On The Taskbar-New Window or Incognito: Hi there, I cant open up a new window or an incognito one when I right click on the Google Chrome icon on my taskbar. It shows the tasks new window and new incognito but the icons are greyed out and when i select either of them I get this message: "The item you selected is...
  7. When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks

in Browsers and Email
    When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks: When I have chrome open and I try to open a new tab from either my password manager or a URL link chrome goes from a full-page to a half page and it does add the new page. I then have to maximize it again by double-clicking on the blue bar at the top. I'm not sure but I think...
  8. Why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrome browser ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrome browser ?: why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrom browser ? but this was just happened for opeing chrome only please anyone help to fix this, thank you...
  9. Google Chrome Taskbar Icon Opening Too Many New Instances

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Taskbar Icon Opening Too Many New Instances: I don't even know how to succinctly summarize this problem so I couldn't even google search it. Both my PCs run Windows 10 Pro. On one of them, when you click a the Google Chrome taskbar button...the button disappears and becomes a Chrome program instance which you can...
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opens another instance of chrome when i click from taskbar

2. why is chrome opening a new

3. why are my browsers opening in small window on taskbar

4. when I click on the Chrome icon why does another icom appera on the bar,
  5. why when i open chrome does a new chrome open