Windows 10: Why does Chrome save google searches in the favicon file?

Discus and support Why does Chrome save google searches in the favicon file? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Like, not just chrome, all chromium builds. I use SR Ware's Iron. But if you open notepad, your google searches are in there. Even if you use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Heretikos, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Heretikos Win User

Why does Chrome save google searches in the favicon file?

Like, not just chrome, all chromium builds. I use SR Ware's Iron. But if you open notepad, your google searches are in there. Even if you use clicknclean and/or ccleaner... Those searches are in there, hehe... I delete this file because I don't want all the stupid searches I do always there. But what's up with that? Anyone know why? I don't see what the favicon file has to do with google search inputs.

:)

Heretikos, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Hetti Arachchige V Aravinda, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Zdzich Win User
    Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

I have some website which shows its' favicon in Chrome, Firefox and even in Internet Explorer but does not show its' favicon in Edge ...

Zdzich, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Why does Chrome save google searches in the favicon file?

1. Why does Chrome save google searches in the favicon file? - Similar Threads - Why does Chrome

2. Google chrome \ books search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome \ books search: Hello Perhaps I ask Google experts about this questions but I don't know the way or the method to how contact them Anyway, if someone can answer my question here, I will be gratified ---The last days when I go Google and search about any item related to language, the book...
  3. Google chrome \ books search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome \ books search: Hello Perhaps I ask Google experts about this questions but I don't know the way or the method to how contact them Anyway, if someone can answer my question here, I will be gratified ---The last days when I go Google and search about any item related to language, the book...
  4. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

in Browsers and Email
    Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar: Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly? 161382
  5. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar: Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly? 161382
  6. Google Chrome Search Engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Search Engine: Today on Google Chrome I noticed the search engine had changed to Yahoo! and going into setting I was unable to change it back to Chrome/ uninstall Yahoo! I went to the list of programs on my pc and tried uninstalling Search Powered by Yahoo! but it didnt work either. Is...
  7. Google Chrome does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome does not respond: This is a problem with Chrome Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit) running under Windows 10 64 bit. When I start Chrome, nothing happens. From time to time, a "page unresponsive" dialogue box appears. Chrome's task manager shows a CPU load of around 27%, but...
  8. Google Chrome Search settings ?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Search settings ?: Hello & Thanks, Google Chrome Search: 1) when I click on link , computer 1 opens up a new Tab. 2) when I click on link , computer 2 opens link on same Tab. Pls, how can I get 2 to open New Tab ? Where is that setting ? Thanks 83930
  9. Google chrome does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome does not respond: Chrome isn't responding to few websites. Window 10 x64bit Os Chrome version 57.0.2987.133. Java, Flash, shockwave installed and Is is clean installed. I could access chrome://plugins , chrome://flags page cannot be displayed is the error I get .. Please help any...
  10. Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome: How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site....