Windows 10: Why Does Cmd Prompt Stop Working When Locked/Sleep Mode?

Discus and support Why Does Cmd Prompt Stop Working When Locked/Sleep Mode? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Well I make discord bots quite often, and up until i recently updated my pc about a month ago CMD prompt seems to just stop working when PC is locked /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drifter0507, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Why Does Cmd Prompt Stop Working When Locked/Sleep Mode?

Well I make discord bots quite often, and up until i recently updated my pc about a month ago CMD prompt seems to just stop working when PC is locked / goes to sleep. This has never happened before, and ive been doing this for more than a year. Is this just a setting that disabled itself or bug? Or just wasn't supposed to work when it was locked anyways?

:)

Drifter0507, Apr 14, 2021

2. Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode

I am using win 10 pro. My initial problem is I cannot display list of wifi networks. I cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode. I've used all the trouble shooting steps on this site and nothing works. Short of throwing this PC out the window is there anything
    else I can try?

MichaelnEvans, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Apr 14, 2021
  4. rtbt Win User

Why Does Cmd Prompt Stop Working When Locked/Sleep Mode?

Windows 10: SLEEP MODE suddenly stopped working

Hi Michael:

Appreciate the advice, but for unknown reasons, the problem is resolved.

• As I stated before, Sleep Mode worked fairly reliable for at least 2 years.
    • I made no changes to my settings and about 3 days ago it stopped working.
    • Even after multiple reboots, sleep mode would not operate properly for the past 3 days.
    • About 2 hours after I uploaded my post, Sleep Mode started working perfectly.
      Why? I didn't change anything.

These are the kinds of software issues which drive me crazy. I didn't make any changes to the system and Sleep Mode stopped working for 3 days. I didn't make any changes to the system, yet after 3 days, Sleep Mode is once again working properly.

How does one explain this type of bizarre result?

Thema:

Why Does Cmd Prompt Stop Working When Locked/Sleep Mode?

1. Why Does Cmd Prompt Stop Working When Locked/Sleep Mode? - Similar Threads - Why Does Cmd

2. Why does a cmd prompt open when I open my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does a cmd prompt open when I open my laptop: When I open my laptop, a cmd prompt opens with a address such "C:/Users/91785/Locals/Updates/WindowsService.exe"Why does this happen and how do I fix it? Note it happens only once.Does this affect the speed of my laptop?...
  3. Why does a cmd prompt open when I open my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does a cmd prompt open when I open my laptop: When I open my laptop, a cmd prompt opens with a address such "C:/Users/91785/Locals/Updates/WindowsService.exe"Why does this happen and how do I fix it? Note it happens only once.Does this affect the speed of my laptop?...
  4. Why does a cmd prompt open when I open my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  6. Sleep mode not working on Windows10 thread locked: Why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode not working on Windows10 thread locked: Why?: Can anyone explain to me why the "Sleep mode not working on Windows10" topic has been locked?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working-on-windows10/3e2e5dc6-d8b1-42d4-978b-416133ac3ef5I would like to confirm that the last post there by...
  7. Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode: I am using win 10 pro. My initial problem is I cannot display list of wifi networks. I cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode. I've used all the trouble shooting steps on this site and nothing works. Short of throwing this PC out the window is there anything else I can try?...
  8. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  9. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd prompt: I had win 10 setup so that shift right click context menus showed cmd prompt, as powershell does a lousy job with batch files, which I use a lot. Latest update killed that setting and I can't get it back. None of the suggestions on the web are working. So two questions:...
  10. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0