Windows 10: Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps

Discus and support Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; CMD keeps poping up and going Task Termanated With Id Of: ###### and closing my web browser and other apps. i have tried doing CTRL + C but it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stefle{-+-}, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps

CMD keeps poping up and going Task Termanated With Id Of: ###### and closing my web browser and other apps. i have tried doing CTRL + C but it just pops up again.

:)

Stefle{-+-}, Feb 8, 2023
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Feb 8, 2023
  3. Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 8, 2023
  4. Bree Win User

Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps

1. Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps - Similar Threads - Why Does Command

2. Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps: CMD keeps poping up and going Task Termanated With Id Of: ###### and closing my web browser and other apps. i have tried doing CTRL + C but it just pops up again....
  3. Why does command prompt open by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does command prompt open by itself?: A while after my computer activates, command prompt opens on its own. When I'm gaming, or doing work, it just suddenly opens and sucks because it affects my work and gaming. I don't know what to do about it...
  4. Why does command prompt open by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does command prompt open by itself?: A while after my computer activates, command prompt opens on its own. When I'm gaming, or doing work, it just suddenly opens and sucks because it affects my work and gaming. I don't know what to do about it...
  5. Command Prompt Opening Then Closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt Opening Then Closing: At the moment I have a problem with my HP laptop. I am running Windows 11 and every 1 minute or so I am not certain if it is a regular time a blank command prompt will open under the system32 directory. There would be no text within the prompt and the title would be the...
  6. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt opening and closing immediately: im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working...
  7. Command Prompt opens and closes randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt opens and closes randomly: A CMD window with the title "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" opens about once a minute for a split second and then disappears, I have yet to find a way to stop this... any help? Thanks...
  8. Command Prompt closing immediately.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt closing immediately.: When I startup and application which requires the command prompt to function I run the application as administrator and then the command prompt just flashes and nothing else happens, I need help....
  9. Command Prompt closing by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt closing by itself: While i try to access Command Prompt, it opens in full sice for less than half of a second, then chages into very small size (viz. picture) near upper left corner of a screen and after cca half a second closes completly. picture I also noticed the command prompt appears for...
  10. Command Prompt Won't Close

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Won't Close: Ok, so on my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop, I can open command prompt (Normal and Admin), but can not close any of the CMD windows I open unless I go through the Task Manager and shut them down. I do not have that issue on my desktop, which is also running Windows 10 Pro. Is...