Windows 10: Why does Cortana keep poping up randomly?

Discus and support Why does Cortana keep poping up randomly? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know what triggers it and have yet to zero in on some gesture or part of the screen that calls up the black box. But sometimes it just seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rasmasyean, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Why does Cortana keep poping up randomly?

I don't know what triggers it and have yet to zero in on some gesture or part of the screen that calls up the black box.
    But sometimes it just seems like it randomly pops up when I'm doing something and I have to X it.

:)

rasmasyean, Dec 27, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Why does this keep poping up?

Uninstall Nielsen NetSight NetRatings. You can do that in Control Panel > Programs and Features. It most likely piggy-backed on a program that you installed.

Whenever you install a program, make sure that it doesn't try to sneak other software onto your computer.

BulldogXX, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Why does this keep poping up?

this program C:\progamfiles[x86]\netratiningsnetsight\nsmmgr.dll appears every 5 min, what can I do to fix it?

martyclodgo, Dec 27, 2015
  4. sml156 Win User

Why does Cortana keep poping up randomly?

You wouldn't happen to say "HEY CORTANA" a lot would you, Could be your microphone.

sml156, Dec 27, 2015
Thema:

Why does Cortana keep poping up randomly?

1. Why does Cortana keep poping up randomly? - Similar Threads - Why does Cortana

2. Cmd keep poping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd keep poping up: Hi, so i have a problem cmd keep poping every 30 min or 1h with nothing in it i can t type anything in it toohere is what it looks likeThis is what shows up in task manager...
  3. Cmd keep poping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd keep poping up: Hi, so i have a problem cmd keep poping every 30 min or 1h with nothing in it i can t type anything in it toohere is what it looks likeThis is what shows up in task manager...
  4. Random pictures and apps keep poping up on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random pictures and apps keep poping up on my computer.: a couple weeks ago, a jpg image of a stupid internet company popped up. Now theres a google shortcut on my computer with the name Nazu. Should I do a full reset on my computer? none of the antiviruses are detecting anything......
  5. Random pictures and apps keep poping up on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random pictures and apps keep poping up on my computer.: a couple weeks ago, a jpg image of a stupid internet company popped up. Now theres a google shortcut on my computer with the name Nazu. Should I do a full reset on my computer? none of the antiviruses are detecting anything......
  6. Why does a command prompt keep showing up randomly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does a command prompt keep showing up randomly?: Every now and then when I'm just minding my own business a command prompt will sometimes just randomly pop up and occasionally disables my cusor and sometimes crashes when I hover over the close button, why does this keep happening?...
  7. CMD poping up randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD poping up randomly: Every time i start up my pc cmd pops up. It disapears after a few seconds but constantly reappears after some time causing the application thats fullscreen to minimize. I scanned my pc with malwarebytes and avast i dont have any paid antiviruses and it removed some files but...
  8. The calculator keeps poping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    The calculator keeps poping up: calculator keeps popping up Seems when I press the letter d How do I stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-keeps-poping-up/7eb913af-efb0-4434-ac84-42fb21bc87a7
  9. keeps poping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    keeps poping up: no matter how or when i sign in or change password I cant get rid of this pop up I assume it a microsoft issue I did a virus and malware scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keeps-poping-up/555605cd-c4fd-4fa1-9a73-6a9f737d9bfe"
  10. Keep poping up. Help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep poping up. Help please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Eabros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxqaao/keep_poping_up_help_please/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does cortana sometimes open up out of nowher