Windows 10: Why does Cortana need me to sign in to my MIcrosoft account?

Discus and support Why does Cortana need me to sign in to my MIcrosoft account? in Cortana to solve the problem; https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4046854/cortana-use-microsoft-account I don't like this policy!!! Corporate rules don't allow me to change... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by mcp111, Dec 11, 2019.

1. mcp111 Win User

Why does Cortana need me to sign in to my MIcrosoft account?

mcp111, Dec 11, 2019
  2. cw84 Win User

Cannot sign in to Microsoft Account (Cortana) using Win10

I've just upgraded to Win10, and I am trying to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to use Cortana, however I am caught in a loop and it won't accept my credentials.

The credentials are definitely right, verified by accessing the Microsoft account via https://account.microsoft.com. Also, if I type my credentials incorrectly when trying to sign in on my PC I am told the credentials are wrong - therefore I can be certain that the authentication process is taking place.

Steps are as follows:

• Start
    • Type "Your Account"
    • Enter
    • Scroll down on the Setting window
    • "Add a Microsoft account"
    • Enter email and password (for Microsoft account)
    • Sign in

Nothing happens. I am returned to the previous screen and not logged in.

The same is true when I place my cursor in the bottom left hand corner search bar. I am asked to sign in to be able to use Cortana, the dialogues about getting you to sign in just go round in a loop after I've entered my credentials.

3. Unable to use Cortana after signing into Microsoft Account

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are using a Microsoft Account or a Local Account.

I would like to inform that, if you are using a Local account, you will not be able to use Cortana. Cortana can be accessed only if the Microsoft Account is used as a User account. So, I suggest you to change the user account to a Microsoft account by following
    the steps below and check for status.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.

• Follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Why does Cortana need me to sign in to my MIcrosoft account? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does Cortana need me to sign in to my MIcrosoft account? - Similar Threads - Why does Cortana

2. Why does my onedrive sign in tell me my microsoft account doesnt exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my onedrive sign in tell me my microsoft account doesnt exist?: I changed my email to my microsoft account and currently logged into the website but when i try to login to my onedrive it says my email doesnt exist....
  3. Why does my onedrive sign in tell me my microsoft account doesnt exist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my onedrive sign in tell me my microsoft account doesnt exist?: I changed my email to my microsoft account and currently logged into the website but when i try to login to my onedrive it says my email doesnt exist....
  4. Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?: When I try to sign in to my account in the Microsoft store, it says that I am not connected to the internet, when I obviously am. I cannot send feedback about this issue, because I would need to download an app from the microsoft store, which I cannot do since I cannot sign...
  5. Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?

Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?: When I try to sign in to my account in the Microsoft store, it says that I am not connected to the internet, when I obviously am. I cannot send feedback about this issue, because I would need to download an app from the microsoft store, which I cannot do since I cannot sign...
  6. Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  8. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  9. why does cortana keep telling me to sign in when iam already signed in ????

why does cortana keep telling me to sign in when iam already signed in ????: why does Cortana keep telling me to sign in when I am already signed in ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_shopping/why-does-cortana-keep-telling-me-to-sign-in-when/5468c679-83be-419b-ba45-c6edd14c279d
  10. Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?: Its one of those security and maintenance alerts that pops up in the action center every time I restart. When I click it takes me to settings but I've already verified my ID so there doesn't seem to be anything to do. I'd appreciate any ideas... 43307

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tried signing into Cortana. It asks me for an account (I use Gmail)