Windows 10: why does Cortana never work and stop working five minutes after fixing it every time?

Discus and support why does Cortana never work and stop working five minutes after fixing it every time? in Cortana to solve the problem; For the last six months I have been fixing and re-fixing Cortana five times a day to no avail. The Cortana can't hear me process of reactivating the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Thailand Amulets, Apr 7, 2019.

1. why does Cortana never work and stop working five minutes after fixing it every time?

For the last six months I have been fixing and re-fixing Cortana five times a day to no avail. The Cortana can't hear me process of reactivating the microphone doesn't help at all. If I say "hey Cortana", the search bar opens but nothing happens. Sometimes nothing happens at all. The basic thing is Cortana doesn't work, never has done for me, and it looks like it never will. I've read many of the threads on these forums, and everybody says the same thing; it doesn't work it can't hear you. If I fix it it works for five minutes and then fails again. i just use search and type, And give up on the voice assistant because they can't make it work

At least you know you have better personal privacy because it's unable to listen to you and spy on you either As Cortana's background listening functionality seems to be broken

I suspect it's a power saving feature of windows which causes Cortana to completely deactivate if not used often

:)

Thailand Amulets, Apr 7, 2019

2. Cortana stopped working..

I have the same problem. Cortana works and then it stops, usually after the computer has been in a locked or sleep mode overnight. (Putting it in locked mode for a few minutes doesn't effect Cortana.) If I kill the task it will automatically restart and
    work properly until the next failure. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm running Win 10 Pro 64 bit with 8 GB of RAM.

WilliamRoemerman, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Cortana stopped working

Cortana completely stopped working followed all the suggestions that are post on line nothing works. So how do I reinstall Cortana

EdRichards2, Apr 7, 2019
  4. why does Cortana never work and stop working five minutes after fixing it every time?

Cortana Stopped Working

I did not get help with my question from Microsoft. I tried to reply to Jomel Santos' e-mail three or four times, and every time I tried, the e-mail came back saying, "Your message was rejected by the recipient's domain because the recipient's email
    address isn't listed in the domain's directory."

It might be misspelled or it might not exist. Try to fix the problem by doing one or more of the following:
    • Send the message again - delete and retype the address before resending. If your email program automatically suggests an address to use, don't select it - type the complete email address.
    • Clear the recipient Auto-Complete List in your email program by following the steps in

this article
      . Then resend the message.
    I tried the above suggestions, but I could not get my e-mail reply to go through! I still don't understand why I couldn't just reply to Mr. Santos' e-mail?

So, I called Hewlett Packard's tech support and they were able to get Cortana working again.

Linda and BobTuttle, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

why does Cortana never work and stop working five minutes after fixing it every time?

1. why does Cortana never work and stop working five minutes after fixing it every time? - Similar Threads - why does Cortana

2. Every time I try to fix my laptop, the BSOD interrupts it after five minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to fix my laptop, the BSOD interrupts it after five minutes: I have tried so many things to get rid of the BSOD but it interrupts what I'm trying to do after five minutes. Do I have to buy another computer or can I really fix it? I have not installed any new software or hardware. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't shut down...
  3. Every time I try to fix my laptop, the BSOD interrupts it after five minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try to fix my laptop, the BSOD interrupts it after five minutes: I have tried so many things to get rid of the BSOD but it interrupts what I'm trying to do after five minutes. Do I have to buy another computer or can I really fix it? I have not installed any new software or hardware. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't shut down...
  4. Wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling.: My wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling. Can't connect to the network comes up everytime. I have done everything from updating windows, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, network reset. I install or update the driver, it works for 5 minutes and...
  5. Wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling.: My wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling. Can't connect to the network comes up everytime. I have done everything from updating windows, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, network reset. I install or update the driver, it works for 5 minutes and...
  6. Wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cortana Never Works

in Cortana
    Cortana Never Works: Hey guys, My Cortana didn,t work If ya guys Know the solution please tell it to me as soon as possible Cortana don,t work, now search always tire me Problem Cortana don,t ever work Result Ended up, tiring search Can ya please tell me a solution to this problem?...
  8. Computer BSOD every five minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD every five minutes: Hi, please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today.. im attaching photos of my BSODing if you need to email me please do *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [IMG]...
  9. Compatability Mode, why? it never every works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compatability Mode, why? it never every works.: Hi all, I'm assuming that this discussion has been had on many occasions. But I'm clearly too stupid to find the thread/discussion, maybe a link would help. Anyway, so here goes. What is the point of compatibility mode? Ever since I've used windows, I like everyone on the...
  10. why after EVERY SINGLE UPDATE does my bluetooth stop working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why after EVERY SINGLE UPDATE does my bluetooth stop working?: you really can't figure this out yet Microsoft? Mac is so much less trouble and yes to me its worth the money. I get this for free...for better or worse. LINUX has issues but they actually answer the question instead of referring me to 5 other conversation threads to try and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana stops working aftre few minutes