Windows 10: Why does Cortana respond to TV conversations?

Discus and support Why does Cortana respond to TV conversations? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For example, I had the TV going, someone said "Thank you" (not preceded with Hey Cortana), Cortana opened up and said "No problem". This happens all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffL, May 4, 2021.

1. JeffL Win User

Why does Cortana respond to TV conversations?

For example, I had the TV going, someone said "Thank you" (not preceded with Hey Cortana), Cortana opened up and said "No problem". This happens all the time. Window 10 20H2

:)

JeffL, May 4, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Maybe because Cortana can hear them? Or maybe because there's built-in phrases that are recognized? Maybe the microphone is aimed at or too close to speakers? Maybe the mic is not noise-cancelling, picks up background noise in the room? I don't have a need for Cortana so those are merely guesses.

Berton, May 5, 2021
  3. JeffL Win User

For example, I had the TV going, someone said "Thank you" (not preceded with Hey Cortana), Cortana opened up and said "No problem". This happens all the time.

Window 10 20H2

JeffL, May 5, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

cortana not responding

Hello,

There are a number of reasons why Cortana has stopped working on your device. To better assist you, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Is this issue happening to all of your commands?
    • Have you checked your mic if it’s working properly?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . This article contains steps that you can perform to address your query.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does Cortana respond to TV conversations? - Similar Threads - Why does Cortana

2. Cortana does not respond to voice

in Cortana
    Cortana does not respond to voice: I had a recent download in Windows 10 and Cortana no longer responds to voice questions. Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions to get Cortana working properly again....
  3. why does not cortana respond on hey cortana after the windows update version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does not cortana respond on hey cortana after the windows update version 2004: I was very excited i dont know why but i was excited about the new windows update version 2004 i have heard many things that cortana has changed they made a photo search option in search bar but when the update came and i started the update it got stuck on getting things...
  4. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: Hi All, I recently bought surface book. OS is upgraded to latest. When I open the Cortana, it opens up and waiting for my voice. Even though, I speak something, Cortana is not Responding back. I used voice recorder application to test, which was working perfectly....
  5. Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.

in Cortana
    Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.: All, There have been a few threads with this title but they are all old. I now have the same issue. I can ask Cortana to open the calculator for example and she does, however if I click the magnifying glass or just press the windows key and start typing, what I type is...
  6. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  7. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  8. why does cortana not respond to my voice

in Cortana
    why does cortana not respond to my voice: cortana does not speaK to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cortana-not-respond-to-my-voice/3567bcfc-062a-4deb-a2b9-097d7b8b06d3"
  9. Cortana hears but does not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears but does not respond: I use Cortana to get stock prices so usually, for example when working correctly, I will ask; "Exxon stock price" and receive reply. Lately, I know Cortana hears because the words show up at bottom of screen but after several seconds Cortana responds "sorry I didn't get...
  10. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: My Cortana is not responding anymore since I have upgraded to Window 10 (1903). It worked just fine before the upgrade but now I cannot the Cortana to hear me ( the microphone and speakers work just fine). I tried everything but nothing is working....