Windows 10: Why does Cortana want access to my camera on Windows 10 Education

Discus and support Why does Cortana want access to my camera on Windows 10 Education in Cortana to solve the problem; So my school provides us laptops running Windows 10 Education running on Windows 1809 ( think it is 1809) But today when I opened my start menu to put... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ohhiman, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Ohhiman Win User

Why does Cortana want access to my camera on Windows 10 Education

So my school provides us laptops running Windows 10 Education running on Windows 1809 ( think it is 1809) But today when I opened my start menu to put the computer to sleep I got a popup saying "Allow Cortana to access your Camera?". I am wondering why is Cortana trying to access my camera every time I open my school laptop's start menu. My school issued an update the the Software Center a few days ago, but the update did not cause anyone else's laptops to do that in class so I don't think it has to do with the update. I have done nothing to cause this to. The only things I do is listen to Spotify and use google stuff like Google Classroom, Drive, Gmail, and sometimes YouTube. Also another thing is I don't think this has something to do with Hey Cortana being that my school enforces it to be turned off by "Domain Policy"

Why does Cortana want access to my camera on Windows 10 Education be2f1a20-c313-454b-bbb1-5b3deddc46b9?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ohhiman, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Camiee Win User

Windows 10 Education and Cortana

Cortana has been removed from the Education version of Windows 10 (giggle)

Camiee, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Cortana in education removed...Can it be re-enabled?

Unfortunately, it appears MS has removed it from Educational release. Read here about 1 page down...

Windows 10 Education

Windows 10 Education builds on Windows 10 Enterprise and provides the enterprise-grade manageability and security desired by many schools. Windows 10 Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Enterprise that provides education-specific default settings, including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions. More detailed information on these default settings is available in Manage Windows 10 and Windows Store tips, tricks and suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

f14tomcat, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Cortana want access to my camera on Windows 10 Education - Similar Threads - Why does Cortana

2. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  3. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  4. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is my Windows in Educational Mode?

Why is my Windows in Educational Mode?: Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to stop my computer from updating into educational mode please because every time I update I have to downgrade back to the version before what I had because it for some reason puts my gaming computer into education mode???...
  6. Why is my Windows in Educational Mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is my Windows in Educational Mode?: Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to stop my computer from updating into educational mode please because every time I update I have to downgrade back to the version before what I had because it for some reason puts my gaming computer into education mode???...
  7. why my camera does not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my camera does not work?: all app have access to my camera but my camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-does-not-work/ecac75b4-c8df-447b-9a24-4f2422b4e114
  8. why my camera does not work?

why my camera does not work?: all app have access to my camera but my camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-does-not-work/ecac75b4-c8df-447b-9a24-4f2422b4e114
  9. why does cortana not respond to my voice

in Cortana
    why does cortana not respond to my voice: cortana does not speaK to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cortana-not-respond-to-my-voice/3567bcfc-062a-4deb-a2b9-097d7b8b06d3"
  10. Windows 10 Education and Cortana

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Education and Cortana: I recently installed Windows 10 Education on our school laptops but cortana is still enabled. When reading bout this OS on microsoft, they advised this OS doesn't come woth Cortana. Can anyone advise why it would still be enabled?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. let cortana access your camera

2. cortana access camera

3. let cortana access your camera freeze

4. let cortana access your camera on start menu,
  5. does cortana need to be on for camera,
  6. cortana camera access,
  7. Why cortana launch camera access,
  8. let cortana to access to your camera,
  9. let corana access your camera,
  10. allow cortana to access camera,
  11. win 10 cortaina camera popup,