Windows 10: Why does cpu usage go above 20% when moving my mouse or opening a new tab?

Discus and support Why does cpu usage go above 20% when moving my mouse or opening a new tab? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my cpu when my pc is idle, can go down to 4%, usage. but when i start moving thingsmy mouse, applications, etc. it can shoot up to 20% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyPlayz86, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Why does cpu usage go above 20% when moving my mouse or opening a new tab?

Hi, my cpu when my pc is idle, can go down to 4%, usage. but when i start moving thingsmy mouse, applications, etc. it can shoot up to 20% and sometimes when i open a new tab it almost reaches 100%.

i mean, it is a intel Celeron, but why does this happen, when i play Minecraft it will normally go to about 50% usage or so.

and is there a way to decrease it, by changing some of Microsoft edges option or something?

:)

SandyPlayz86, Jan 28, 2021

2. CPU usage spikes when moving mouse

Hi DanielLee1893:

i am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues.

My name is Frank. I am a member of this forum, just like yourself.

TASK MANAGER

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to invoke the Task Manager.

You will see 7 tabs spread out horizontally.

Processes

Performance

App History

StartUp

Users

Details

Services

PROCESSES TAB

We are going to get into tab "Processes"

This tab will show you the Applications by:

Status

CPU Usage

Memory Usage

Disk

Network

GPU

If you sort the view by CPU Usage or Memory Usage, you can see the most task intensive application listed first.

So, here, you grab a snapshot of the screen.

Or write down the programs that are using the most memory.

PERFORMANCE TAB

Here you can see the pulse and heartbeat of Windows.

I like to see the CPU and MEMORY charts below the number "10"

How much RAM memory are you throwing at the system?

How much of that memory is being used?

You may need to up your computer's RAM memory.

I like to see between 8GB and 16GB on today's computers.

STARTUP TAB

Here you can sort of match up back the programs you saw as memory hogs in the Processes tab.

Disable the programs that should not be there.

1. It's a judgement call. You call the shots.

2. It is a toggle switch that can easily be turned OFF and back ON

These are the steps that I always take when accessing the performance of a computer I am not familiar with.

Hope some of this helps!!

Please keep us informed on the forum how these suggestions worked out for you.

Regards,

FranklinLopez-Henriquez, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Every active window's process CPU usage rises to 20% when moving mouse on desktop

Hi,

For better assistance, can you send us a screenshot of the Performance and
    CPU Details of your PC under Task Manager? Here's how:

• Press Windows key + X, and then click Task Manager.
    • Select the Performance tab. Try moving your mouse and take a screenshot. See sample image below.

Why does cpu usage go above 20% when moving my mouse or opening a new tab? cb2c38f9-4f7f-4dc7-ae46-66693cc02b54.png

3. Under the Details tab, click on the drop-down arrow above the
    CPU tab to arrange the program to descending order. Move your mouse again to check the reason why the usage is going up.

4. Take a screenshot. See sample image below.

Why does cpu usage go above 20% when moving my mouse or opening a new tab? 56a10d2b-fdb7-4666-9f20-6ac7ef92a285.png

Maria Fab, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Why does cpu usage go above 20% when moving my mouse or opening a new tab?

moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

I have the exact same problem. If i move the mouse fast enough CPU usage spikes. I'm assuming its 1903 related

In fact a few processes in task manager are using an abnormal amounts of power.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, can any person confirm they're experiencing the same problem, high CPU usage while using the mouse on explorer.exe process

- - - Updated - - -

When the mouse isn't in use nothing. Now i can feel stutter in game. I have two monitors and can see the whole system isn't right. Any suggestion?

win10fuser, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Why does cpu usage go above 20% when moving my mouse or opening a new tab?

1. Why does cpu usage go above 20% when moving my mouse or opening a new tab? - Similar Threads - Why does cpu

2. Why does my cpu usage go up to100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cpu usage go up to100%: My school laptop dell latitude 3190 cpu usage go up to 100% sometimes in the 90s and goes down lower in a couple minutes then plunges up to a 100% and I only have google chrome open like 3 tabs running simple websites so I dont know why it goes to 100%. Please help it really...
  3. Why does my cpu usage go up to100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my cpu usage go up to100%: My school laptop dell latitude 3190 cpu usage go up to 100% sometimes in the 90s and goes down lower in a couple minutes then plunges up to a 100% and I only have google chrome open like 3 tabs running simple websites so I dont know why it goes to 100%. Please help it really...
  4. Why does my cpu usage go up to100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High CPU usage when moving my mouse.

High CPU usage when moving my mouse.: Basically, whenever I move my mouse in a window or program, the cpu usage of that program spikes significantly. I've also noticed that videos stutter a lot whenever i move my cursor as well. One thing I have noticed is that while using the touchpad does increase the cpu usage...
  6. Server CPU usage doesnt go above 50% per process

Server CPU usage doesnt go above 50% per process: Hello, Intel MKL testing shows a half CPU usage. Always 50% per 1 process max at this machine. So, if I have two parallel process then I will have 100% max CPU usage. But for one - 50% max only. Taskmgr (windows 7) shows ~100% usage for half threads and ~0% for others...
  7. high cpu usage when cursor moving

high cpu usage when cursor moving: So, this is the problem... If i move my cursor on desktop, the cpu usage of explorer.exe spikes; move it on browser, browser spikes, and other thing that the cursor is not on does a little bit too. This causes lag, fps drops. Everything does the same, games, media...
  8. CPU usage spikes when moving mouse

CPU usage spikes when moving mouse: specs: Cpu: i7-7700 Graphics card: gtx 1060 6 GB 16 GB DDR4 ram Motherboard: ASUS B250F gaming I just encountered this problem today but I cannot find any useful resolve method online for this. When I open any application and move my mouse within it, its CPU usage...
  9. CPU usage constantly ~20% above what process explorer states

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU usage constantly ~20% above what process explorer states: This recently started after my second harddrive died and I removed it. 54400
  10. High CPU usage when moving windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage when moving windows: I first noticed this issue when moving a panel around in an application I'm developing, but after further testing found that whenever I move almost any application around my screen I get 20-30% CPU usage from that application. I haven't ever noticed this before and am just...