Windows 10: why does creating a new Microsoft account keep stalling at the robot test?

Discus and support why does creating a new Microsoft account keep stalling at the robot test? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I'm trying to create a new Microsoft account but the process stalls at the testing I'm not a robot phase. I complete 7 matched pairs get a tick and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sara Collins, Dec 8, 2022.

1. why does creating a new Microsoft account keep stalling at the robot test?

Hi,I'm trying to create a new Microsoft account but the process stalls at the testing I'm not a robot phase. I complete 7 matched pairs get a tick and then it repeats, I gave up after 5 repeats.I promise I'm not a robot. Can you help please?Best wishes Sara

:)

Sara Collins, Dec 8, 2022

2. Can't create microsoft account on my computer

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Does it give any error message?

Since you tried all possible ways to convert local account to Microsoft account, but it still fails with an error. Suggest you try with the below mentioned work around and see if it works.

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File >
      Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD and hit Enter key. Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt and hit Enter key:

net user test /add

• This command will create a new user account called test.

net localgroup administrators test /add

• On executing this command makes
      test account as administrator. In simple this will give administrator privileges to test account by adding it to administrators group.

Note: In the above command line,
    test is the name of the User Profile which we're creating. You can keep any name in the place of
    test that which you think your User Profile name should be.

Now logoff from the existing User Profile. When you're on the login screen, on the left bottom corner you can see the account which we have created. Now login with that account and try to convert that account
    as Microsoft account by navigating to Start/>
    Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Sign with Microsoft account Instead.
    If you have Microsoft account try to use that by entering the credentials or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

Once you done with this, now check and see if everything works fine.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Can't create microsoft account on my computer

I think this is the one that fixed it be careful with space before back slash

carefree160, Dec 8, 2022
  4. why does creating a new Microsoft account keep stalling at the robot test?

Microsoft Account Sign in instead

Hi Kaleb,

Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?

Are you trying to convert the local account to Microsoft Account?

I would suggest you to test the issue by creating a new Microsoft Account and check if it works. To create a new user account, refer to these steps:

• In start menu search type “user” without quotes.
    • Click on Add, edit, or remove other users from the list of results.
    • Under Other users, click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

why does creating a new Microsoft account keep stalling at the robot test?

1. why does creating a new Microsoft account keep stalling at the robot test? - Similar Threads - why does creating

2. Why does my computer stall consistantly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer stall consistantly?: When I use the computer for 5 to 20 minutes, it freezes. I have to pull the plug to shot it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-stall-consistantly/1e4f1cc7-f1f7-48fb-ad9b-edeee671c4ac
  3. Why does my computer stall consistantly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer stall consistantly?: When I use the computer for 5 to 20 minutes, it freezes. I have to pull the plug to shot it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-stall-consistantly/1e4f1cc7-f1f7-48fb-ad9b-edeee671c4ac
  4. Can't create a Microsoft account due loop issue in Human test

Can't create a Microsoft account due loop issue in Human test: HelloI am setting up a new computer for an employee and I need to set up a MS account for them. I have been unable to do so because I am unable to verify that I am human. The Robot test and the audio test cannot be passed. I have now tried this on several devices and am now...
  5. Can't create a Microsoft account due loop issue in Human test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a Microsoft account due loop issue in Human test: HelloI am setting up a new computer for an employee and I need to set up a MS account for them. I have been unable to do so because I am unable to verify that I am human. The Robot test and the audio test cannot be passed. I have now tried this on several devices and am now...
  6. why does creating a new Microsoft account keep stalling at the robot test?

why does creating a new Microsoft account keep stalling at the robot test?: Hi,I'm trying to create a new Microsoft account but the process stalls at the testing I'm not a robot phase. I complete 7 matched pairs get a tick and then it repeats, I gave up after 5 repeats.I promise I'm not a robot. Can you help please?Best wishes Sara...
  7. Problem Creating New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Creating New Microsoft Account: I am trying to create a second Microsoft Account. I have gone through the steps of creating my new user-id and password without problem. When I click, in order to create the account, it shows the status bar moving as if it is creating the account. It continues like this...
  8. Problem Creating New Microsoft Account

Problem Creating New Microsoft Account: I am trying to create a second Microsoft Account. I have gone through the steps of creating my new user-id and password without problem. When I click, in order to create the account, it shows the status bar moving as if it is creating the account. It continues like this...
  9. Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?: In a PowerShell 7.0.1 prompt, when I type the following: Update-Help -Verbose it just sits there doing nothing. No error, nothing. My environment: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 $PSVersionTable output: Name Value...
  10. Why does Windows keep failing to install the 1903 and stalling at 88%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows keep failing to install the 1903 and stalling at 88%: So my system has been trying to install the November 1903 update for the past few months and failing every time. I just tried a few times yesterday and it kept stalling at 88% then citing error 0xc1900223 I have also tried to install it manually, it downloaded the update...