Windows 10: Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?

Discus and support Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; and how do i fix this? was not happening a month ago but is happening every time i launch now without fail. i think it may have started happening the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BrutalTato, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?

and how do i fix this? was not happening a month ago but is happening every time i launch now without fail. i think it may have started happening the same time i installed wallpaper engine.

submitted by /u/BrutalTato
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BrutalTato, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Cliff S Win User

Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC? [​IMG]

Inverted coloring

Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC? [​IMG]

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Figeon Win User
    Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.

I like to have my Windows dark, but after each restart (anytime I shut down the computer) the default app mode reverts back to light mode. The default windows mode stays at dark however.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting tired of having to manually set it each time.

Thanks in advance!

Figeon, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?

Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

Found one! Voice recorder.

Cliff S, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?

1. Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC? - Similar Threads - Why does default

2. my personalized theme is lost every time i restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my personalized theme is lost every time i restart: I have recently updated my laptop to windows 11 and my personalized theme is lost/disabled every time I restart my laptop, this was never a problem when I had windows 10. It is simple enough to reactivate the theme, but it's getting annoying to redo it daily....
  3. my personalized theme is lost every time i restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my personalized theme is lost every time i restart: I have recently updated my laptop to windows 11 and my personalized theme is lost/disabled every time I restart my laptop, this was never a problem when I had windows 10. It is simple enough to reactivate the theme, but it's getting annoying to redo it daily....
  4. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  5. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  6. Why does this pop up every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this pop up every time I restart my computer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Szymks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k90i81/why_does_this_pop_up_every_time_i_restart_my/
  7. why does windows 10 keep going to light mode when I restart my pc

why does windows 10 keep going to light mode when I restart my pc: I don't know how to fix it submitted by /u/Cr1tikalMoist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5dvks/why_does_windows_10_keep_going_to_light_mode_when/
  8. Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.: I like to have my Windows dark, but after each restart anytime I shut down the computer the default app mode reverts back to light mode. The default windows mode stays at dark however. Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting tired of having to manually set it each time....
  9. Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?

Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Curious-Cat-2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2dxtd/why_does_default_app_mode_switch_to_light_theme/
  10. Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Change Default App Mode and Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme Color in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can change your apps instantly from light mode to dark mode great for low-light...