Windows 10: Why does defender not let me read news from conservative sources?

Discus and support Why does defender not let me read news from conservative sources? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just because you dont like what conservatives have to say does not mean you should be allowed to stop what the other view point is!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffSears2, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Why does defender not let me read news from conservative sources?

Just because you dont like what conservatives have to say does not mean you should be allowed to stop what the other view point is!

:)

JeffSears2, Nov 28, 2020

2. Add News sources?

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

To add new source in the News app follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

• Open News app.

• Click on interests or half star symbol.

• Click on Add an interest or + symbol.

• Enter the source URL from which you want to add and press Enter key.
    The source site shall be added in the News app.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 28, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Why does defender not let me read news from conservative sources? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Why does defender not let me read news from conservative sources?

Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Why does defender not let me read news from conservative sources?

1. Why does defender not let me read news from conservative sources? - Similar Threads - Why does defender

2. Why does my laptop not let me sign in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop not let me sign in?: Hello everyone. I have a lenevo ideapad gaming laptop and this issue just started, my laptop wasnt moved for 24hrs and the last time i used it was working fine. I can turn on my laptop, but in the windows 11 sign in screen i cannot type anything but numbers. My password is...
  3. Why does my laptop not let me sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop not let me sign in?: Hello everyone. I have a lenevo ideapad gaming laptop and this issue just started, my laptop wasnt moved for 24hrs and the last time i used it was working fine. I can turn on my laptop, but in the windows 11 sign in screen i cannot type anything but numbers. My password is...
  4. Why is MSN newsfeed showing only conservative news sources?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is MSN newsfeed showing only conservative news sources?: Just purchased a new computer7/2023 and checking news feed...all conservative news sources? What is going on? Fox News, Washington Examiner, Daily Mail? Why would MSN not look to have neutral news sources in their feed? AP, NPR, Reuters....? This seems like propaganda to me...
  5. Why is MSN newsfeed showing only conservative news sources?

Why is MSN newsfeed showing only conservative news sources?: Just purchased a new computer7/2023 and checking news feed...all conservative news sources? What is going on? Fox News, Washington Examiner, Daily Mail? Why would MSN not look to have neutral news sources in their feed? AP, NPR, Reuters....? This seems like propaganda to me...
  6. Why does backup not let me add a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does backup not let me add a folder.: Windows 10 with SSD drives. D drive is my backup drive. I'm using Setting > Backup Options > Backup Folders > Add a folder. I choose a folder on my E drive. It does not add it. No error message. It just doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim...
  7. Customise News Source

Customise News Source: I would like to chose the news source on my Microsoft Edge browser. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customise-news-source/f3d5b5bf-f4a7-43d7-8689-77c61fd4faa1
  8. Remove source from MS News app

Remove source from MS News app: Hi, how do I remove some of the many very low quality "news" publishers that contaminate the feed for the MS News app? I could do this a few weeks ago and now the capability seems to have disappeared....
  9. News App Sources

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    News App Sources: In the Microsoft News app, when I "Add Sources" it does not save. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-app-sources/1a670af9-cbef-49f6-9903-27dede0cf0a6"
  10. Windows defender in v1703 does not let me run app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender in v1703 does not let me run app: Where is the "allow exclusion" in this version of windows? So frustrating. 84137