Windows 10: why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not?

Discus and support why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my WIn 10 Pro Build 1809 desktop PC now thinks it has a battery and is showing a battery level of 68% ?? This has never happened before, what has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobwillamson, May 2, 2019.

1. why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not?

my WIn 10 Pro Build 1809 desktop PC now thinks it has a battery and is showing a battery level of 68% ?? This has never happened before, what has changed?

:)

bobwillamson, May 2, 2019

2. How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

Hi,

You are receiving Battery Saver notifications to help you prolong the battery life of your desktop. To help you resolve this concern, we would like to suggest these steps to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver. Turn off the slider.

Let us know if the above steps resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 2, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 2, 2019
  4. why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not?

How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

The Battery saver notification switch is set to 'on' and is grayed out, and can't be changed.

BruceNoonan, May 2, 2019
Thema:

why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not?

1. why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not? - Similar Threads - why does desktop

2. Why does my PC think the joystick is being pushed up?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my PC think the joystick is being pushed up?: I've been having a problem with Windows applications that take input from Xbox controllers the start menu, Windows Photos, the Xbox apps, etc. thinking that I'm pushing up on the left joystick. This problem only occurs when I have an Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S controller...
  3. Why does my PC think the joystick is being pushed up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC think the joystick is being pushed up?: I've been having a problem with Windows applications that take input from Xbox controllers the start menu, Windows Photos, the Xbox apps, etc. thinking that I'm pushing up on the left joystick. This problem only occurs when I have an Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S controller...
  4. Why does my PC think the joystick is being pushed up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does windows think there is a DVD in the drive when the drive is empty.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does windows think there is a DVD in the drive when the drive is empty.: I just noticed that windows thinks there is a DVD in the drive when it is empty. It is showing a title that was two titles ago disk changed twice from when the shown title was played.It will even attempt to play the DVD but ultimately fail with an error because the drive is...
  6. My desktop does not have a battery...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My desktop does not have a battery...: How do I tell Windows that my desktop PC does not have a battery? [img] 165440
  7. Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...: I am sickened by the fact that all of my info is on one drive and if i unsync or unlink my pc my entire desktop still shows up in the Onedrive path! I do not want it in the Onedrive path. I used to go C:\Users\user\Desktop ...now i have to go to...
  8. battery does not charge when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery does not charge when plugged in: how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/5ebd85e4-e45f-4271-b9c8-5dc1eeb9e804
  9. My Desktop Thinks It has a Battery Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Desktop Thinks It has a Battery Win10 Home: My computer is going to sleep after 30 minutes and shutting down after 1 hour. When I go into Settings>Power & Sleep, these are the maximum amounts of time that the computer can stay on. Under the "Screen" setting it says "When plugged in, turn off after" (30 Minutres). Under...
  10. Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox?: Why did I get this update last month? 9NBLGGH537C2-Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox? 112593