Windows 10: why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not?

Discus and support why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my WIn 10 Pro Build 1809 desktop PC now thinks it has a battery and is showing a battery level of 68% ?? This has never happened before, what has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobwillamson, May 2, 2019.

1. why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not?

my WIn 10 Pro Build 1809 desktop PC now thinks it has a battery and is showing a battery level of 68% ?? This has never happened before, what has changed?

:)

bobwillamson, May 2, 2019

2. How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

Hi,

You are receiving Battery Saver notifications to help you prolong the battery life of your desktop. To help you resolve this concern, we would like to suggest these steps to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver. Turn off the slider.

Let us know if the above steps resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 2, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 2, 2019
  4. why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not?

How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

The Battery saver notification switch is set to 'on' and is grayed out, and can't be changed.

BruceNoonan, May 2, 2019
Thema:

why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not?

1. why does desktop PC think it has a battery when it does not? - Similar Threads - why does desktop

2. Why does windows play music when I open battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows play music when I open battery?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nas19081 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5hyi1/why_does_windows_play_music_when_i_open_battery/
  3. battery does not charge when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery does not charge when plugged in: how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/5ebd85e4-e45f-4271-b9c8-5dc1eeb9e804
  4. why does my pc desktop suddenlyrefuse to acknowldge my keyboard? i have new batteries in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does my pc desktop suddenlyrefuse to acknowldge my keyboard? i have new batteries in...: my logitech K800 KEYBOARD CEASED WORKINGIput new batteries in & still no go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-desktop-suddenlyrefuse-to/0465b67d-931f-4821-89f4-95446fdd3abb
  5. My Desktop Thinks It has a Battery Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Desktop Thinks It has a Battery Win10 Home: My computer is going to sleep after 30 minutes and shutting down after 1 hour. When I go into Settings>Power & Sleep, these are the maximum amounts of time that the computer can stay on. Under the "Screen" setting it says "When plugged in, turn off after" (30 Minutres). Under...
  6. Why does Groove Music think it's sharing something?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Groove Music think it's sharing something?: Most of the time when I try to close Groove Music it pops up a box warning me that it's "sharing". I did not ask it to "share" anything. I do not want it to "share" anything. There are no settings which are obviously applicable to this....
  7. Why does UAC kick in when opening some Desktop Shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does UAC kick in when opening some Desktop Shortcuts?: Hi all - I'm running W10 Pro, build 1803 and having some odd issues with Desktop (URL) Shortcuts. When I open many, but not all of them I see this: [img] Why? Here is how the UAC is set: [img] Funny thing is that I also have a Lenovo running W10 Pro and do not have...
  8. Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox?: Why did I get this update last month? 9NBLGGH537C2-Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox? 112593
  9. why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want: I only play spider solitaire 2 suits random and have for a long time, I always play as guest because I do not need an xbox or the stupid name I was given by Microsoft. Yesterday Microsoft discovered data from windows 8 cloud and downloaded it, I didn't want it and now I only...
  10. Why does windows think it's installed on a non-existent directory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does windows think it's installed on a non-existent directory?: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. (upgraded from windows 7 ultimate 64 bit) I was annoyed that it chose a username that I didn't like so I updated the registry & so forth to change it and it worked fine... the only thing that was goofy after is that the start menu and...