Windows 10: Why does Edge automatically exits a page?

Discus and support Why does Edge automatically exits a page? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After logging into certain pages, Edge exits. For example, I log into my account at Navyfederal.com, it goes to the next screen and then Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tvang, Oct 19, 2019.

1. tvang Win User

Why does Edge automatically exits a page?

After logging into certain pages, Edge exits. For example, I log into my account at Navyfederal.com, it goes to the next screen and then Edge automatically exits back to the log in screen. This is a new computer with new windows 10/edge.

:)

tvang, Oct 19, 2019

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 19, 2019
  3. About Edge

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform a SFC (System File Checker) scan by following the steps below and check if the issue persists:

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

I suggest you to perform the steps provided below to change home page.

• Open Edge, click on (…) option on top left corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Under ‘Open With’, select ‘A Specific page or pages’.
    • In the drop down select ‘Custom’.
    • Add the website/link and press Enter.
    • Close and open Microsoft Edge.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Why does Edge automatically exits a page?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Why does Edge automatically exits a page?

1. Why does Edge automatically exits a page? - Similar Threads - Why does Edge

2. automatic exit from games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic exit from games: Hello, I have a problem. When I enter a certain game, things are normal here, but after an hour or half an hour, I receive an exit message. This is strange because my laptop has very high specifications, and this is the message....
  3. Why does Edge keep going back to previous page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Edge keep going back to previous page: I can’t fill out any forms, submit any questions while using edge. Edge randomly goes back to previous page. Seems like Microsoft is trying to ignore this problem. Is anybody trying to fix it?...
  4. Why does Edge keep going back to previous page

Why does Edge keep going back to previous page: I can’t fill out any forms, submit any questions while using edge. Edge randomly goes back to previous page. Seems like Microsoft is trying to ignore this problem. Is anybody trying to fix it?...
  5. Windows automatically opens microsoft edge in private mode and does not let me exit the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows automatically opens microsoft edge in private mode and does not let me exit the...: when i boot up my windows 10 pc it opens ms edge in private mode and when i restart my laptop it does not solve the problem. does anyone know how to fix this issue without resetting my laptop. Device name:Dell 15 3000...
  6. Windows automatically opens microsoft edge in private mode and does not let me exit the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically opens microsoft edge in private mode and does not let me exit the...: when i boot up my windows 10 pc it opens ms edge in private mode and when i restart my laptop it does not solve the problem. does anyone know how to fix this issue without resetting my laptop. Device name:Dell 15 3000...
  7. Windows automatically opens microsoft edge in private mode and does not let me exit the...

8. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  9. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  10. Edge startup page does not work

in Browsers and Email
    Edge startup page does not work: The Edge startup page ("top sites and suggested content") only shows a blank screen - see below Startup page worked immediately after Win10 update. On 8/1/15 MS tech ran CCCleaner in failed attempt to solve anti-virus notification errors, and since this, I have not been...