Windows 10: why does edge causing windows 10 to freeze

Discus and support why does edge causing windows 10 to freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does edge causing windows 10 to freeze ?? Appears to be a RESOURCE HOG!! If you walk away from the Laptop, or leave it running with no actions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andy0516, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Andy0516 Win User

why does edge causing windows 10 to freeze

Why does edge causing windows 10 to freeze ?? Appears to be a RESOURCE HOG!! If you walk away from the Laptop, or leave it running with no actions for a Period of TIME it FREEZES!! Using FireFox until resolved!!

Also why does, Edge, MS Store, Photos and other MS APPS Start at Startup?? Bad IDEA!!

Andrew Ostipwko

:)

Andy0516, Jan 30, 2019
  2. JK_33855 Win User

Windows 10/Edge freezes

Hi, we continue to have issues with edge freezing before and after Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493). We have reset Microsoft Edge Browser. We also performed SFC/SCANNOW without any issue with and without a
    clean boot. We do not experience the freezing with either IE or Fire Fox on any site. We hope helps us. Kindest regards.

JK_33855, Jan 30, 2019
  3. tincanguy Win User
    Windows 10/Edge freezes

Hi, we continue to have issues with edge freezing before and after Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493). We have reset Microsoft Edge Browser. We also performed SFC/SCANNOW without any issue with and without a
    clean boot. We do not experience the freezing with either IE or Fire Fox on any site. We hope helps us. Kindest regards.

If you really want Edge to perform fast with no freezes, I have found the below configuration to work very well for me. First off, don't use AdBlock or AdBlock Plus. They block ads OK but cause slow page load times. Download the MVPS Hosts File (Google
    it) and set it to "read only". Download HostsMan (http://www.abelhadigital.com/) which allows you to automatically update the MVPS Hosts file, and to toggle the Hosts File on/off . I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and MS Defender. Third party
    and tracking cookies are minimal.

I have been using this setup for about 2 weeks and have been amazed at how fast and reliable Edge has become. Load time for pages is typically 1-3 seconds -- they literally pop up. I have noticed no down side and the ads, banners, etc. are GONE

That is how Edge now performs for me. Use this configuration at your own risk. As always, YMMV ;-)

tincanguy, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. why does edge causing windows 10 to freeze - Similar Threads - why does edge

2. Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?: Hi there,I have recently built my own pc with my brother and I have the following:MSI Meg z690 unify motherboardIntel core I9 12900k16gb Kingston ram 248gb SSD2tb storage750W power supplyAsus 3070 graphics cardFirstly I have downloaded windows 10 from my laptop and put it...
  3. Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?: Hi there,I have recently built my own pc with my brother and I have the following:MSI Meg z690 unify motherboardIntel core I9 12900k16gb Kingston ram 248gb SSD2tb storage750W power supplyAsus 3070 graphics cardFirstly I have downloaded windows 10 from my laptop and put it...
  4. Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is Edge freezing?

Why is Edge freezing?: Everything has been working fine until about 10 minutes ago - 6:50 P.M. PST. Then, while I'm on Facebook, and scrolling everything freezes. Can't do anything. Have to close it by clicking on Red X.Then, when I click on my Facebook icon on the task bar, nothing happens. I...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes, cause unknown

Windows 10 Freezes, cause unknown: Hello, I have been struggling with constant freezes of my PC for some time now. Since this happens mostly when i am playing some YouTube video i figured it might have to do something with graphics card, however the same card has no problems running demanding games on high...
  7. Why does my mouse/windows 10 keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my mouse/windows 10 keep freezing?: i dont know what i did for this to start happening, but sometimes when i open a program or game, windows will just freeze and not let me move my mouse or do anything. ive checked for windows updates and it seems i am up to date. does anyone know why this keeps happening or...
  8. Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze?

Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze?: I am having random complete freezes happen on my pc where the computer is entirely frozen - no response to any input. The only way to fix it is to long-hold the power button to restart the PC. I'm running Windows 10 Pro with the following hardware: Intel i5-6500 Asus GTX...
  9. Is Edge browser causing Desktop freezes and abnormal Shutdowns?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Edge browser causing Desktop freezes and abnormal Shutdowns?: I do not know which forum to post this question. This is a new computer build, and occasionally (like every 3 to 5 hours) the desktop GUI freezes, or the computer powers down on its own into a black screen (with no cursor) I tried pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, but...
  10. Wifi is causing Windows 10 to freeze

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is causing Windows 10 to freeze: My laptop for the past month and a half has been experiencing frequent freezes in which first the window freezes, then the cursor moves slightly and freezes, occasionally letting me move it and inch before the cursor freezes again. Other times, everything I click lags or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge freezes windows 10

2. Edge causes PC to freeze?

3. microsoft edge causing system freeze

4. can edge cause laptop to freeze,
  5. why does microsoft edge freeze,
  6. windows edge freezes windows 10,
  7. edge freezes after jan update