Windows 10: why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account?

Discus and support why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Default_41561, May 26, 2023.

1. why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account?

why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account

:)

Default_41561, May 26, 2023

2. Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another windows account and still see other profiles in Edge , and access their accounts?

Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account?

Why am i able to login my windows account and still see other profiles in Edge , and access their accounts / emails unchallenged?

Default_41561, May 26, 2023
  3. Fyreman Win User
    Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe".
    Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The first option asks for a Password- it does not accept any PW I've associated with the account. When selecting the second option, the PIN box appears. I am then able to get to my desktop screen.

I want to do two things: 1) Delete the account that asks for the PW 2) Automatically login and go to my desktop screen. When I go to Control Panel user settings to delete it, there is only ONE account that shows. I've tried at least 6 solutions suggested, none have worked. Probably need step-by-step instructions. Thanks in advance.

Fyreman, May 26, 2023
  4. ozdave Win User

why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account?

How do I change the profile or account of the default login

Sorry to confuse you,

When the initial auto login fails, which I presume is the David-Desktop account, it offers me an alternative sign in option, the PIN, which I do remember, so I can get in that way.

Can I set the auto login to work on a PIN? I didn't think I could. The only other choice is to put in the password, which I can't remember.

When I'm at the login area, there are 2 icons down the bottom left hand corner. One of them is the default login, this is the David-Desktop login and I don't know the password for it.

The second icon is called "Dave" and I want it to be the default login because I know the password for it.

I'd also like to delete the David-Desktop profile, so there is only one login, but I'm not sure if the other login is an Admin account (the second icon). I went into netplwiz and David-Desktop is listed with Admin but the only other account shown there is HomeGroupUser, which doesn't have any Admin privilege, is this what the other icon called Dave is representing?

ozdave, May 26, 2023
Thema:

why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account?

1. why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account? - Similar Threads - why does edge

2. why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account?: why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-edge-show-me-other-account-profiles-on-my/109a4b46-be60-4360-87b9-4732b5221af4
  3. why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account?: why does edge show me other account profiles on my desktop login account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-edge-show-me-other-account-profiles-on-my/109a4b46-be60-4360-87b9-4732b5221af4
  4. Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...: Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login my windows account and still see other profiles in Edge , and access their accounts / emails unchallenged?...
  5. Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...: Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login my windows account and still see other profiles in Edge , and access their accounts / emails unchallenged?...
  6. Why can i see other users edge profiles on my login account? Why am i able to login another...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsft account does not sync to desktop account profile picture etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsft account does not sync to desktop account profile picture etc: My Microsoft online account does not appear to sync with my desktop account. I went through similar questions in the forum and nothing seems to work. My sync settings are on and I also just ran a windows 10 update. I changed my profile picture login onto my Hotmail account,...
  8. Microsft account does not sync to desktop account profile picture etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsft account does not sync to desktop account profile picture etc: My Microsoft online account does not appear to sync with my desktop account. I went through similar questions in the forum and nothing seems to work. My sync settings are on and I also just ran a windows 10 update. I changed my profile picture login onto my Hotmail account,...
  9. My account profile does not change

in Windows 10 Customization
    My account profile does not change: My account profile does not change Hi , I was able to change my account profile several times But now that I wanted to change itI could not change my photo from the files or from my webcam...
  10. Why is Microsoft Edge not letting me login to my AOL Email account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Microsoft Edge not letting me login to my AOL Email account?: Microsoft Edge won't let me login to my AOL Email account! WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-edge-not-letting-me-login-to-my/b2c7210c-01b0-4c5d-ae85-da8b603ef0cc