Windows 10: Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file?

Discus and support Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I edit a photo in the Photos app and rotate it 1 degree and save it, the file properties shows that it is "blocked" because it came from another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkTiede, Apr 25, 2021.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file?

When I edit a photo in the Photos app and rotate it 1 degree and save it, the file properties shows that it is "blocked" because it came from another computer. it was created on this same computer and was not initially blocked.Why would this happen? Answer: It makes no sense.

:)

MarkTiede, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Apr 25, 2021
  3. lxROKxl Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file? [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file? :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file?

photo editing app

Hi Tim,

We need a few information for us to effectively provide you a solution with editing in the photo app. Please provide the following:

• Are you using the pre-installed Photos app on Windows 10 ,Paint or perhaps an app you have downloaded in Windows Store?
    • What are those troubleshooting steps you have already tried so far?
    • Please provide a screenshot showing your issue.
    We'd appreciate any additional information you may provide.

Eugene deV, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file?

1. Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file? - Similar Threads - Why does editing

2. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  3. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  4. Photos app does not provide video editing options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos app does not provide video editing options: It was working fine with windows home after updating to Windows 10 pro, facing this issue, please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-does-not-provide-video-editing-options/9fd26ac1-6949-456c-a80b-b83b9cedcf3b
  5. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  6. Editing in Photo App

Editing in Photo App: I've added and edited Orientation, Taken Date many photos into the My Pictures Folder, where I've added subfolders for Date or Event. I've turned off One Drive because it was slowing down my already slow Intel i3 computer. Since the Photo App displays photos from One Drive,...
  7. Avoiding resizing of files when editing photos in the Microsoft Photo App

Avoiding resizing of files when editing photos in the Microsoft Photo App: Hello, I am working on editing my photos. The original photo files are raw, about 19 MB. When editing the photos in the Microsoft Photo App, the edited copies of the original photo files are automatically resized into micro files of less than one MB. I do not see an option...
  8. photos app batch edit ?

photos app batch edit ?: Is there a way to programmatically or batch edit a project in photos app ? For example , I made a video with photos app and it is just images that last 10 seconds each with different text for each image . Is there an easy way to change the images and text using some...
  9. Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?

Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?: I have read many posts about problems importing into the Photos App in Windows 10, but none of the answers work for me and my problem seems different (kind of). I have a Dell 9020 computer with a quad Core i5, 120GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (not that this should make any...
  10. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...