Windows 10: why does explorer spend hours using 30% - 40% after update

Discus and support why does explorer spend hours using 30% - 40% after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I get update for hours after explorer uses 30-40% of my cpu. Its annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dono725, Jan 15, 2021.

1. dono725 Win User

why does explorer spend hours using 30% - 40% after update

Every time I get update for hours after explorer uses 30-40% of my cpu. Its annoying

:)

dono725, Jan 15, 2021
  2. JK118 Win User

My computer freezes and it takes 30 to 40 seconds to download anything.

I have been having multiple problems since recent Windows 10 updates. for the past several days, it takes 30 to 40 seconds to download anything. And, frequently, my screen turns blue and I get an error message that Windows needs to shut down and restart....nothing
    improves when that happens. Any suggestions?

JK118, Jan 15, 2021
  3. After upgradign from windows7 to windows10, I cant access my explorer, after 30-40 secs after opened explorer its closing automatically

Hi, I updated my PC from windows7 to windows10, now I cant access my explorer, after 30-40 secs after opened explorer its closing automatically. Also settings have same problem. Help me please.

Original Title :windows 10 update bugs

RamizBin Ebrayi, Jan 15, 2021
  4. why does explorer spend hours using 30% - 40% after update

November update stuck at 40%

I had the same issue and did not go past 40% at multiple attempts. After trying the following, it worked on HP Omni 10.

• Removed SD Card
    • Did a Disk cleanup (don't think this matters)
    • When update setting screen asked for reboot, I did all steps for Clean boot as indicated in this thread.
      • It did couple of reboots coz I had other update, in addition to 1511.
      • I did clean boot when ever it allowed me. 2 times. These were before thru 1511 update started.

I did both times Coz I was not sure if I will get a chance to set clean boot in between the 2 updates.
    And it worked!

George Jacob, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

why does explorer spend hours using 30% - 40% after update

1. why does explorer spend hours using 30% - 40% after update - Similar Threads - why does explorer

2. why is windows explorer using 30+% of my cpu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is windows explorer using 30+% of my cpu?: Hi, so recently i found out i had a virus/malware on my pc. It was disguised as webhelper and was hogging my cpu. After searching about it and how to fix it i uninstalled utorrent which removed webhelper. However now my pc boots really slow and whenever i check task manager;...
  3. why is windows explorer using 30+% of my cpu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is windows explorer using 30+% of my cpu?: Hi, so recently i found out i had a virus/malware on my pc. It was disguised as webhelper and was hogging my cpu. After searching about it and how to fix it i uninstalled utorrent which removed webhelper. However now my pc boots really slow and whenever i check task manager;...
  4. why is windows explorer using 30+% of my cpu?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does the System process randomly start consuming 30-40% of CPU?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does the System process randomly start consuming 30-40% of CPU?: I'll often enter my office to the sound of my computer's fan operating at full speed. I've traced this to the System process running and consuming 30-40% of the CPU per Task Manager. If I reboot, this behavior stops, and System consumes less than 2% of CPU. But eventually...
  6. Stuck at 30% for an hour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 30% for an hour: I have updated from an older insider Version to the newest Version of the Dev Channel. But now I'm stuck at 30% of the update. Should I just let it run over night or restart it? submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments]...
  7. Volume licencing for 30 to 40 computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume licencing for 30 to 40 computers: Hey there! I'm looking at some volume licencing for Windows 10 on behalf of a friend in Thailand. One Windows Pro licence is usually 200 USD. Is there a volume discount for between 30 to 40 computers? Thanks! submitted by /u/12UIUX [link] [comments]...
  8. Cortana takes 30-40% of CPU after recent update. Any fixes?

in Cortana
    Cortana takes 30-40% of CPU after recent update. Any fixes?: As been noted in many articles Cortana frying my laptop/Surface. 30-40% CPU usage on some trigger (it not like this from start). Any possibility to disable Cortana under Win10?...
  9. update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try.: update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try. I have made three attempts, and it goes through the process of downloading and then going through the install process. The first time I tried, it said my drive was compressed and I need to...
  10. Update hung at 30% for 6 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update hung at 30% for 6 hours: My laptop was updating to the latest preview build today, and has hung at 30%. I had to go out and when I got back 6 hours later, it is still hung at 30%. Is there any chance that it will actually complete the installation if I just leave it overnight, or is this as far...