Windows 10: Why does File Explorer not find all files?

Discus and support Why does File Explorer not find all files? in Cortana to solve the problem; Have a lot of PDF Books and some things were being added to other folders and stuff getting mixed from time to time. I took every file out of its... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Why does File Explorer not find all files?

Have a lot of PDF Books and some things were being added to other folders and stuff getting mixed from time to time. I took every file out of its folder and into one big area in File Explorer.

When all done, I go to the search button, then I go up to the search ribbon and select other properties and names.

I go and put, "Dummies" into my search and I get four titles and the folder I had them previously in.

The problem is there are a lot mpore files for "Dummies" PDF books where I am looking.

I go to a freeware program called, "Everything". I search for "Dummies" and an given 172 PDF books.

There is aproblem with this.

How can I get File Explorer to do a search that actually searches ensuring I am getting everything I am looking for?

Is there some other program that does a better search and I am just not aware of a program like this?

If Windows 10 64 is so good, why does it fail to carry out basic functions that probably has been able to accomplish in the DOS days of computing?

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, Mar 13, 2019

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Mar 13, 2019
  4. geno368 Win User

Why does File Explorer not find all files?

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Why does File Explorer not find all files?

1. Why does File Explorer not find all files? - Similar Threads - Why does File

2. why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen: When I open Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and click on an individual folder, the contents show in the right panel but immediately disappear and then reappear. See brief screen capture video....
  3. why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen: When I open Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and click on an individual folder, the contents show in the right panel but immediately disappear and then reappear. See brief screen capture video....
  4. why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why does the search function not find tagged files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the search function not find tagged files?: in explorer i use the tag function under file properties. however the search function in explorer fails to find the tagged files. this problem has only newly arisen - worked fine before a few days ago....
  6. why does the search function not find tagged files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does the search function not find tagged files?: in explorer i use the tag function under file properties. however the search function in explorer fails to find the tagged files. this problem has only newly arisen - worked fine before a few days ago....
  7. Why does my File Explorer do this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my File Explorer do this?: [ATTACH] Opening File Explorer through shortcut launches an additional (default icon) window submitted by /u/SaucdUp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6pxi0/why_does_my_file_explorer_do_this/
  8. File explorer can’t find file

in Cortana
    File explorer can’t find file: I do a search in file explorer. It can’t find a file called “crystaldiskinfo”. I search “in” or “disk” or “info”. Tried it on my MacBook. Works fine. Why is windows 10 search so useless....
  9. Why does my file explorer not work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my file explorer not work?: So I just recently got my own laptop and I wanted to see if everything was in working order. Every time I try to open File Explorer, it turns the screen white then closes itself. I dont know what the issue is, any ideas?...
  10. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...