Windows 10: Why Does File Explorer Say Windows 8 under This PC when I'm Running Window's 10?

Discus and support Why Does File Explorer Say Windows 8 under This PC when I'm Running Window's 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is there only a Windows 8 file under This PC in File Explorer when I'm running windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M22_Tanker, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Why Does File Explorer Say Windows 8 under This PC when I'm Running Window's 10?

Why is there only a Windows 8 file under This PC in File Explorer when I'm running windows 10?

:)

M22_Tanker, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Why Does File Explorer Say Windows 8 under This PC when I'm Running Window's 10? :p

Frick, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Why Does File Explorer Say Windows 8 under This PC when I'm Running Window's 10?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Why Does File Explorer Say Windows 8 under This PC when I'm Running Window's 10?

1. Why Does File Explorer Say Windows 8 under This PC when I'm Running Window's 10? - Similar Threads - Why Does File

2. Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?: I downloaded a launcher to get a game on windows 10 and I didn't have enough storage so j tried to delete it. But when I try to delete it, it says that the launcher is runinng so I can't but nothing is running. All that's running is settings bc I'm trying for delete it out of...
  3. Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?: I downloaded a launcher to get a game on windows 10 and I didn't have enough storage so j tried to delete it. But when I try to delete it, it says that the launcher is runinng so I can't but nothing is running. All that's running is settings bc I'm trying for delete it out of...
  4. Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does Windows 10 File Explorer continue to jump to "This PC" when the settings are set...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Windows 10 File Explorer continue to jump to "This PC" when the settings are set...: It really is so annoying that so many people have this same question yet it is never properly addressed. No matter if I try to attach a file to an email or open a file from Publisher or from Word or from any other program, it opens to "Quick Access" for only about 4 seconds,...
  6. Why does Windows 10 File Explorer continue to jump to "This PC" when the settings are set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 File Explorer continue to jump to "This PC" when the settings are set...: It really is so annoying that so many people have this same question yet it is never properly addressed. No matter if I try to attach a file to an email or open a file from Publisher or from Word or from any other program, it opens to "Quick Access" for only about 4 seconds,...
  7. Why does a folder appear under multiple different headings in Windows 10 file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does a folder appear under multiple different headings in Windows 10 file explorer?: Why do certain folders appear numerous times in the file explorer navigation pane? For example:The Pictures folder located at C:\Users\myshortname\OneDrive is listed under:a OneDrive - Personalb My own name full name, andc Libraries\PicturesIs there a way to eliminate the...
  8. File explorer under This PC only shows Windows C...why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer under This PC only shows Windows C...why: after my most recent windows 11 update the file explorer under This PC does not show any of my files that are backed up in one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-under-this-pc-only-shows-windows/8f3959d0-93a5-4110-b320-aea82dee5bd4
  9. File explorer under This PC only shows Windows C...why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer under This PC only shows Windows C...why: after my most recent windows 11 update the file explorer under This PC does not show any of my files that are backed up in one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-under-this-pc-only-shows-windows/8f3959d0-93a5-4110-b320-aea82dee5bd4
  10. My PC running Windows 10 says I'm under my Universities Organization?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC running Windows 10 says I'm under my Universities Organization?: I signed into the mail app with my university email account, but some features, such as the "Windows Hello PIN" has messages such as "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources..." Is there any way to remove this from my PC since it's my own personal...