Windows 10: Why does file explorer show different files depending on how/where I open it?

Discus and support Why does file explorer show different files depending on how/where I open it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to open a file with Word but I can't find it.... however if I click see file location on the Word app I see it in the same place I'm looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ._151, May 5, 2020.

1. ._151 Win User

Why does file explorer show different files depending on how/where I open it?

I'm trying to open a file with Word but I can't find it.... however if I click see file location on the Word app I see it in the same place I'm looking for it

Also once I save as'd a picture and I could only see it in the file explorer there, I never could find it in any other "version" of file explorer

:)

._151, May 5, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 5, 2020
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Why does file explorer show different files depending on how/where I open it? :)

jaydeee, May 5, 2020
  4. Why does file explorer show different files depending on how/where I open it?

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Why does file explorer show different files depending on how/where I open it?

1. Why does file explorer show different files depending on how/where I open it? - Similar Threads - Why does file

2. why does my file explorer toolbar look different now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my file explorer toolbar look different now?: so, today i've installed an app called "Classic Shell" and now my file explorer toolbar looks completely different, is white, and has less options, i don't know if the app that i installed caused that but when i installed that app it just changed the file explorer toolbar to...
  3. why does my file explorer toolbar look different now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my file explorer toolbar look different now?: so, today i've installed an app called "Classic Shell" and now my file explorer toolbar looks completely different, is white, and has less options, i don't know if the app that i installed caused that but when i installed that app it just changed the file explorer toolbar to...
  4. why does my file explorer toolbar look different now?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer shows different Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer shows different Locations: File Explorer shows Docs, Pictures, Music, Video in the Cloud Onedrive and stored locally as I want it. File Explorer also shows Docs, Pictures, Music, Video folders under 'This PC' but the Docs and Pictures folders are the ones under OneDrive whereas the Music and Video...
  6. Why is opening a program in search different to opening it in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is opening a program in search different to opening it in file explorer?: I've noticed that very occasionally, a program will only run properly if I open it in file explorer. If I use search to open it it won't work, with errors about not being able to find files. Is it something to do with context? submitted by /u/ripperroo5 [link] [comments]...
  7. Why does the folder layout in Windows Explorer look different depending on which way a...

Why does the folder layout in Windows Explorer look different depending on which way a...: Hello, sometimes I notice that the folder layout in Windows Explorer doesn't look the way I set it up. For example, these are screenshots of the Download folder opening it in two different ways: This PC > Downloads [ATTACH] This PC > C: > Users > User.Account>...
  8. Make file explorer open where i closed it..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make file explorer open where i closed it..: I know, silly problem.. but... ... i cant' figure out how to make File Explorer open at the same location as i closed it. im guessing the answer is pretty obvious haha Help plz?:) submitted by /u/itsthemasterwicked [link] [comments]...
  9. Why does File Explorer look different depending on where I open it?

Why does File Explorer look different depending on where I open it?: For example, when I click Unpack Extension my Downloads Folder is blank despite having hundreds of files. And when I rightclick Chrome and click See in Folder the folder looks different with an icon for all of the browsers, though I can’t find the browsers when I open File...
  10. Why can't I open the file explorer?

Why can't I open the file explorer?: I cannot open the file explorer. Whenever I click it, the screen just blinks then goes back to the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-the-file-explorer/ba99c094-eb8a-4ac4-a22d-cde159e6d768"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not show onedrive files in documents

2. files not showing on one drive

3. onedrive photos not showing on computer