Windows 10: Why does game not appear?

Discus and support Why does game not appear? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Downloaded the free version of Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Cannot find it to play. When I go to the Start window and click on it, it opens for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnJoyce6, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Why does game not appear?

Downloaded the free version of Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Cannot find it to play. When I go to the Start window and click on it, it opens for a flash, then goes away. I have checked the Task Manager, and it's not there. Using Windows 10 Home. Any ideas? Microsoft says I own it. Just don't know where it is and how to access it. Thanks.

:)

JohnJoyce6, Jun 1, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jun 1, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why does game not appear? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Why does game not appear?

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Why does game not appear?

1. Why does game not appear? - Similar Threads - Why does game

2. Why does chinese keyboard not appear i the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does chinese keyboard not appear i the taskbar?: Hi,I am hoping that someone might know what is going on with these languages.I have en Instant-Clone pool, running on a golden image built on Windows 10 1809 Enterprise LTSC.Sometimes the users needs other inputmethods/different languages, so i am running some powershell as...
  3. Why does chinese keyboard not appear i the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does chinese keyboard not appear i the taskbar?: Hi,I am hoping that someone might know what is going on with these languages.I have en Instant-Clone pool, running on a golden image built on Windows 10 1809 Enterprise LTSC.Sometimes the users needs other inputmethods/different languages, so i am running some powershell as...
  4. Why does this program code appear on my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this program code appear on my screen?: I frequently incur this bug on my Windows 11 machine that displays the programming source code all over my screen. But I noticed that the start button displays over this bug. I am facing this all the time. This bug persists even if I restart. I am having a hard time using the...
  5. Why does this program code appear on my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does this program code appear on my screen?: I frequently incur this bug on my Windows 11 machine that displays the programming source code all over my screen. But I noticed that the start button displays over this bug. I am facing this all the time. This bug persists even if I restart. I am having a hard time using the...
  6. why does debug.log appear repeatedly on my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does debug.log appear repeatedly on my Desktop?: Why does debug.log appear repeatedly on my Desktop? What does the debug.log do and why does it appear on my Computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-debuglog-appear-repeatedly-on-my-desktop/4ac12d09-5bff-44c7-a358-64f34501af1c
  7. why does not big games work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does not big games work: my coumpter saying program terminated Ox771CE75D ON MY BIG FISH GAMES ERORS THEY WONT LET PLAY THEM HELP ME PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-not-big-games-work/d1fd5dc4-84cc-4b36-a505-0278271ddd35
  8. Why does my game that I bought doesn't appear on my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my game that I bought doesn't appear on my microsoft account?: Hi, a couple of months ago I bought a minecraft windows 10 edition key that I redeemed and used to play on my windows computer. After resetting the computer, after connecting to my microsoft account and typing the game's name to find it and just install it, well it looked...
  9. I BOUGHT A GAME AND IT DOES NOT APPEAR ANYWHERE

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I BOUGHT A GAME AND IT DOES NOT APPEAR ANYWHERE: Hello, I have bought the game Forza Hrizon Ultimate edition from the Microsoft store site via my account. The game does not appear in my library or anywhere in my purchase history. I don't really know what to do at this point since I did get charged as I can see on my...
  10. why does widow explorer appear in foreign language

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does widow explorer appear in foreign language: why does window explorer appear in foreign language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-widow-explorer-appear-in-foreign-language/a3b19e13-f6dc-4742-a58e-10a25e7e41ab