Windows 10: Why does install an update take so long

Discus and support Why does install an update take so long in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my HP running Windows 10 1903 said I had to restart. I did now it is telling me not to turn off since it is working on updates. It has been at 19%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alice Dancer, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Why does install an update take so long

On my HP running Windows 10 1903 said I had to restart. I did now it is telling me not to turn off since it is working on updates. It has been at 19% for 1 hours. What is going on? I am on metering wifi and told it not to update. It changes things on its own. I didn't change it back. Why won't Microsoft let you tell it to download or not like it used to. I am sick off all these updates every month and using my GB.

:)

Alice Dancer, Oct 21, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Oct 21, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why does install an update take so long :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 21, 2019
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Why does install an update take so long

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Why does install an update take so long

1. Why does install an update take so long - Similar Threads - Why does install

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why do windows updates take SO long to install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do windows updates take SO long to install?: I ran windows update this morning at 09:30 GMT and it found "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Security Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.401.10.0 - Current Channel Broad" was available. It then took 30 minuted to install it! This is an inordinately LONG time! Why does...
  6. Why does windows update take so long?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does windows update take so long?: I have a Desktop computer, and on its Hard Drives, I have 3 Operating Sytems, 2 of them are Linux-based and Windows 10 is the third. Today I was on Windows to do a ZOOM meeting, and because Windows is not my daily OS, I went to shut windows and it said it had an update. so I...
  7. Why does Windows 10 take so long to update?

Why does Windows 10 take so long to update?: My wife handed me her Windows 10 laptop a fortnight ago and asked me why it wasn't performing. I haven't used a Windows based machine for ten years so this was new ground for me. After an hour or two I had discovered that it was trying to update to 20H2. So I left it alone...
  8. Why does it take so long to update?

Why does it take so long to update?: I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and again 3% when I turned my laptop off. Why so long to update? I could see an hour or so but not close to 24 hours. Is...
  9. Why does startup take so long?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does startup take so long?: After I turned on my computer I finally saw the clock, after I saw my name and "welcome" without having to actually sign in. But I couldn't do anything for ten minutes. Not even turn off the speaker. Not even get anything to happen by clicking on the start button. Spotify...
  10. Why does downloading a game take so long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does downloading a game take so long?: Had just built a new computer because my old one did not have windows 10 and thought may as well full upgrade instead of just purchasing win10 purchased sea of thieves and now it has taken me 3 hours to do 2 Gbs My net speed is 2 megabytes a second on average It says that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why does it take so long to update windows