Windows 10: Why does it change how I log in?

Discus and support Why does it change how I log in? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I start my pc I logon as normal with a windows password. If I go away and the screen saver kicks in it requires a password to log back in but for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Flash, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Flash Win User

Why does it change how I log in?

When I start my pc I logon as normal with a windows password. If I go away and the screen saver kicks in it requires a password to log back in but for some reason it now wants my microsoft account password. Is it possible to change this so I can always log in with my windows password?

:)

Flash, Aug 9, 2015
  2. Ago2180 Win User

Why does it seems I am unable to change MSN Weather App

If you can see in the screenshot, I do have set Yellow and most apps do have that color setting except or for now the only one I noticed its Weather App (MSN)

Why does it change how I log in? [​IMG]

Ago2180, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Why When I Change The Pointer It does not happen

Hi James,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We need more information about the issue.

• When you say Pointer, are you referring to Mouse pointer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are referring to Mouse pointer, go to the link below (Ease of access) and click on Mouse and try to change the pointer settings and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-make-your-pc-easier-to-use

For reference: (Applies to Windows 10 also)

Change mouse settings:-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/change-mouse-settings#1TC=windows-7

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Flash, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You're Microsoft account password is the same as the password you sign in to Windows for that account.

Are they not the same for you? If not, do you have the correct account selected to sign in to on the sign-in screen?

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Flash Win User
    The first password when I turn on the machine is the same as I have always used for logging on to windows while I was using windows 7. After a screensaver it wants me to use a different password. ie my microsoft account password. This is a longer more secure password which I dont want to have to type everytime I log back in.

Flash, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. I'm just not sure why you would have two separate "passwords" for the same account to sign in with.

Are you sure this isn't a PIN vs password?

Brink, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Charlie Win User
    You can change your power options to do not ask for password after wake. No need to type it in then *Smile

Charlie, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Flash Win User

I like having a password to stop the kids messing with anything but I dont understand why it changes how I log on. Its not to do with pin as I have never set one up....
    Very frustrating. Pretty sure I will be rolling back to 7 before too long

Flash, Aug 10, 2015
  9. Only way they could possibly be different is if you have a different account selected at login, a pin or something's royally screwed. A couple of times when I tried to login, it showed another account under the same name, but without an email connected to it; never did find out where this account came from, it was nowhere to be found besides when it tried to log me into it.

fracking4oil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does it change how I log in? - Similar Threads - Why does change

2. How do I change my log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my log in?: I am setting up a brand new MSI laptop and after the Wi-Fi step it says "Welcome to Mckim & Creed, Inc.!" and gives me no option but to sign into this company I have not heard of. Please Help! Urgent!...
  3. How do I change my log in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my log in?: I am setting up a brand new MSI laptop and after the Wi-Fi step it says "Welcome to Mckim & Creed, Inc.!" and gives me no option but to sign into this company I have not heard of. Please Help! Urgent!...
  4. How do I change my log in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?: Just as my user finished uploading, I opened the task manager in less than a second and could see the camera process starting in system processes. this process does not have a handle and the process comes from the svchost file. after a few seconds, the camera process...
  6. Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?: Just as my user finished uploading, I opened the task manager in less than a second and could see the camera process starting in system processes. this process does not have a handle and the process comes from the svchost file. after a few seconds, the camera process...
  7. Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why does CMD.exe open whenever I log-on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does CMD.exe open whenever I log-on?: After re-installing windows 11, I updated my system to the latest updates using the Windows Updater. After rebooting my system to install the updates, when I logged on CMD.exe in administrator mode with blank text opens and quickly closes in like 0.5 seconds. I used malware...
  9. Why does CMD.exe open whenever I log-on?

Why does CMD.exe open whenever I log-on?: After re-installing windows 11, I updated my system to the latest updates using the Windows Updater. After rebooting my system to install the updates, when I logged on CMD.exe in administrator mode with blank text opens and quickly closes in like 0.5 seconds. I used malware...
  10. How do I change the log in name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change the log in name?: I would like to change the log in name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-log-in-name/5552d4a8-b5ab-47e0-bb62-dc8974189350