Windows 10: Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift?

Discus and support Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Makes window startup sound when I press shift.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xXg3tr3ktXDXx, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift?

Makes window startup sound when I press shift.

:)

xXg3tr3ktXDXx, Aug 7, 2020

2. Sound when pressing 'u' key

Hey guys,

I've been having this weird issue where the 'u' key on my laptop (running windows 10) makes a beeping sound when pressed.

It makes a sound when pressed down and a slightly different sound when released.

Does anybody know why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Thanks!

DanielStrahan, Aug 7, 2020
  3. CAP LOCK MAKES NO SOUND WHEN PRESSED

Hi Victoria,

This issue might happen due to misconfigured settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have done.

In case that you haven't done these, we suggest that you check the following settings:

Method 1: Control Panel.

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • Set View by to Small icons.
    • Click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to type, put a check mark on Turn on Toggle Keys. (If it is already checked, uncheck it then click on
      Apply. Put a check mark again on the check box.)
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Method 2: Settings.

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • Select Keyboard tab.
    • Under Toggle Keys, toggle the slider to On.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 7, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift?

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift?

1. Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift? - Similar Threads - Why does sound

2. When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound: Hi! I'm having issues with my keyboard. Whenever I press the letter "V" it will make a sound. My sticky keys and filter keys are already I tried turning it on and off but it didn't work : and have checked for updates already. It's the only key that makes a sound, and it still...
  3. When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound: Hi! I'm having issues with my keyboard. Whenever I press the letter "V" it will make a sound. My sticky keys and filter keys are already I tried turning it on and off but it didn't work : and have checked for updates already. It's the only key that makes a sound, and it still...
  4. When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages: When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-altshift-right-it-does-not-switch/7ac32f50-8075-4f43-8ba8-3ecba832f8ef
  5. When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages

When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages: When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-altshift-right-it-does-not-switch/7ac32f50-8075-4f43-8ba8-3ecba832f8ef
  6. Why does Chrome try to open an address of " %60 ", whenever I press shift + *?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Chrome try to open an address of " %60 ", whenever I press shift + *?: Whenever I press the Shift + * on the number pad, it opens a new tab in Chrome, regardless of the program I was in when I pressed it, which is typically, Attachmate Reflection. This is a new PC supplied by my job and shouldn't have any issues but then...this is a new PC...
  7. Why does Chrome try to open an address of " %60 ", whenever I press shift + *?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Chrome try to open an address of " %60 ", whenever I press shift + *?: Whenever I press the Shift + * on the number pad, it opens a new tab in Chrome, regardless of the program I was in when I pressed it, which is typically, Attachmate Reflection. This is a new PC supplied by my job and shouldn't have any issues but then...this is a new PC...
  8. Why does Chrome try to open an address of " %60 ", whenever I press shift + *?

9. When i press shift it deletes a character.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i press shift it deletes a character.: this makes it really hard to write. since if I press shift it backspaces. any help cant make parenthesis or a question mark sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-shift-it-deletes-a-character/2a31b6e7-f0a7-4100-9beb-a99224993b3a
  10. Beeping Sound When Repeatedly Pressing Shift

in Windows 10 Support
    Beeping Sound When Repeatedly Pressing Shift: Whenever I press shift multiple times System Sounds makes a really annoying beeping sound. I have already disabled Sticky, Toggle and Filter Keys to try and fix the issue, but it didn't work. Would love some help, has been happening since I updated Windows about a week...