Windows 10: Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must...

Discus and support Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After latest update it says im not connected and i ran some troubleshooters keeps saying to put in security key and i have but does the same thing. it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by toronto-maple-leafs-fan, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must...

After latest update it says im not connected and i ran some troubleshooters keeps saying to put in security key and i have but does the same thing. it shows no internet connection yet i can use my browsers no issues.

:)

toronto-maple-leafs-fan, Aug 15, 2020
  2. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Aug 15, 2020
  3. 3mptylord Win User
    Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you.

In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use this service without an internet connection - please connect and try again." When I run Network Diagnostics as the prompt recommends - it says I am connected and cannot find a problem.

Why does it say not connected to internet when I am?  If I try to use help it says i must... [​IMG]

It doesn't always happen - but it seems to be determined on start-up. If I restart it now it might be working next launch - but 75% of the time it will encounter the same issue. It's been happening for months now but I've sort of gotten used to using my phone to check my emails - but I've now encountered an issue with one of my hard drives being unable to be searched (tried indexing, etc) and the only step I've found that I haven't tried says it could be a corrupted user account - but I cannot update my user account without "connecting to the internet". -_-

The system is up to date. No driver updates available.

3mptylord, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must...

Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must...

1. Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must... - Similar Threads - Why does connected

2. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...: I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-need-internet-for/7d4762f0-fb0e-44ef-af69-44615ae4b374
  3. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...: I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-need-internet-for/7d4762f0-fb0e-44ef-af69-44615ae4b374
  4. why does windows say I have internet but when I try to use it switches and says I have a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why does windows say I have internet but when I try to use it switches and says I have a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/birdleaf6000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4iuru/why_does_windows_say_i_have_internet_but_when_i/
  5. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...: [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-it-says/8188299b-da64-47b2-b61d-f2e88c8bc5c1
  6. when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...: When I try to access my email I receive a message that my device does no support miracast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-connect-to-the-internet-i-receive-a/64ef46e9-9375-46b0-a38c-2cf7283fb53c
  7. windows is saying "not connected" when I am

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows is saying "not connected" when I am: I cannot get into EDGE. When I go into settings for Windows, it says I'm not connected. However, Chrome is working just fine. (I'm typing this in Chrome now). I can't get Windows updates as it says I'm not connected. I am using Ethernet now, but I have the same issue on...
  8. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....
  9. When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.: When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-events-it-says-internet-connection/88fda32e-769e-48c6-9b8d-4e7949dda64a
  10. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the...