Windows 10: Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

Discus and support Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i checked my programs that boot up when I launch my pc and I found "Program" boots up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenniferMacKenzie2, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

i checked my programs that boot up when I launch my pc and I found "Program" boots up.

:)

JenniferMacKenzie2, Apr 28, 2023

2. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 28, 2023
  3. GZJames Win User
    Cannot Start PC: Missing Boot Configuration Data

Windows version: 10.0.19041.631

I reinstalled windows 10 with the keep data and app option a week ago.
    Today, a BSOD happened and it was something like "page fault in nonpaged area". I forgot to record down the specific message.
    Now I cannot start my PC at all. I get this 0xc0000098 error on every boot:

I have tried the following in order:
    • I have tried step #1,2,3,4 here: How to Fix Windows Boot Error 0xc0000098 Quickly In fix #3, Bootrec /fixboot gave me "Access denied" so I stopped there.
    • I have also tried the solution involving diskpart suggested by u/Tekkie_Boy here: Windows Says Boot File is Missing | Error Code 0xc0000098 : Windows10
      I got "Boot files created successfully" but the same error occurs after windows is restarted.
    • Bootrec /rebuildbcd gives me "the requested system device cannot be found" after it finds 1 identified Windows installation and saying yes to installing it to boot list.
    • Macrium Reflect Rescue USB's "Fix Windows boot problems" option didn't work.

Could someone help me please.

GZJames, Apr 28, 2023
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger Start up program when i boot the PC.

Hi WantedStarling,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. When did the issue started on the computer?
    2. Were there any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    3. Do you have Visual Studio application installed on the computer?

This issue is an indication of the startup programs or the debugger settings. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and let us know the results.

Method 1: Disable debugger.

1. Press windows and R key together at the keyboard and type:
      Inetcpl.cpl
    2. Go to Advanced tab.
    3. Put a checkmark in "Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "Disable Script Debugging (Others)".
    4. Click on Apply and OK. Restart the computer and check if the issue is fixed. Otherwise go to Method 2.

Method 2:
    Launch PC in Safe mode and clean boot.

Please refer this Safe
    mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode.
    After logging into safe mode, start the PC in clean boot. Follow the Microsoft article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows.In
    the Startup tab of msconfig take a look at which are the unusual programs running or programs related to Visual Studio. Let us know if the issue persist in clean boot too.

Note:
    A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily
    lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can. We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 28, 2023
Thema:

Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

1. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc? - Similar Threads - Why does Program

2. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?: I have Windows 10 Pro installed and it's been quite some time since I first noticed this issue. Whenever I turn off my PC and turn it back on, it starts up fine. Only when I specifically use Restart, it gets stuck on the boot up screen where you can go to BIOS settings, but...
  3. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?: I have Windows 10 Pro installed and it's been quite some time since I first noticed this issue. Whenever I turn off my PC and turn it back on, it starts up fine. Only when I specifically use Restart, it gets stuck on the boot up screen where you can go to BIOS settings, but...
  4. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?: i checked my programs that boot up when I launch my pc and I found "Program" boots up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-say-program-boot-up-when-i-start-my-pc/4430de7d-6915-4f35-9322-b0ef3b019ca1
  6. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?: i checked my programs that boot up when I launch my pc and I found "Program" boots up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-say-program-boot-up-when-i-start-my-pc/4430de7d-6915-4f35-9322-b0ef3b019ca1
  7. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC: I had both Spotify and translucentTB enabled before I restarted my PC and it keeps disabling itself. I checked their settings and its told its enabled but in Task Manager they AREN'T. Any open suggestions?...
  8. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC: I had both Spotify and translucentTB enabled before I restarted my PC and it keeps disabling itself. I checked their settings and its told its enabled but in Task Manager they AREN'T. Any open suggestions?...
  9. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

10. Why does my PC beep 3 times when booting up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my PC beep 3 times when booting up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftPedophile [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fm52b3/why_does_my_pc_beep_3_times_when_booting_up/