Windows 10: Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

Discus and support Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since I got my new pc my c drive has been running out of storage for windows updates etc, Today I've been trying everything to free up storage in my C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alphar777, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Alphar777 Win User

Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

Since I got my new pc my c drive has been running out of storage for windows updates etc, Today I've been trying everything to free up storage in my C drive but nothing works sadly. The folders inside the C disk are windows: 25GB, users:7.2GB, program files: 5.5GB, program data: 2.8GB AMD: 1.5GB, and other files that don't take up that much space.I tried the TreeSize program but it doesn't show why the system & reserved use 205GB, I tried disk cleanup but it just cleaned 50MB, I even uninstalled the old windows update but it just cleaned a few MB. I don't know what to try anymore to resolv

:)

Alphar777, Nov 26, 2022
  2. rboppy Win User

What's eating up my \C: drive?

That reduced System Volume Information to 662 KB, left $GetCurrent at 3.8 GB which is called media when clicking the little arrow. Storage sense or Disk cleanup gave no reference to $GetCurrent, and the [2 files] are pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys.

- - - Updated - - -

I will thank everyone and mark this thread as solved, I now have over 27 GB of free space on my C: drive, it must just slowly get down to size where Windows warned me with a red "flag" when viewing This PC.

rboppy, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Anwille Win User
    extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

Hard Drive Storage

I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb
    is being taken up by Apps and features but when I click on this and show the list of installed apps with their sizes, I have added up the entire list and it comes to 25Gb total. It doesn't show what's eating up the rest of the 400Gb of space. I have deleted
    everything I can and have only been able to free up 11Gb so far so my c drive is still showing red. At this point is the only other step to reload the pc, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix?

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Clemons, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

1. Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go?? - Similar Threads - Why does drive

2. where is all my storage going?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is all my storage going?: i bought a gaming laptopand it originally has 476 gb but it says ive only 155 gb left, i dont understand whats taking up so much, only thing i have are a few games and thats it. Is there a way to see whats using up so much? and how to make up storage?...
  3. where is all my storage going?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is all my storage going?: i bought a gaming laptopand it originally has 476 gb but it says ive only 155 gb left, i dont understand whats taking up so much, only thing i have are a few games and thats it. Is there a way to see whats using up so much? and how to make up storage?...
  4. where did all my files go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where did all my files go?: I am really angry with MS. Tomorrow I will sell all my shares in the company.It is outrageous what they are doing.I have attempted to turn off and disable onedrive because I do not want to back up my files on the onedrive cloud and I do not want to auto sync my files and I do...
  5. where did all my files go?

where did all my files go?: I am really angry with MS. Tomorrow I will sell all my shares in the company.It is outrageous what they are doing.I have attempted to turn off and disable onedrive because I do not want to back up my files on the onedrive cloud and I do not want to auto sync my files and I do...
  6. Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??: Since I got my new pc my c drive has been running out of storage for windows updates etc, Today I've been trying everything to free up storage in my C drive but nothing works sadly. The folders inside the C disk are windows: 25GB, users:7.2GB, program files: 5.5GB, program...
  7. Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??: Since I got my new pc my c drive has been running out of storage for windows updates etc, Today I've been trying everything to free up storage in my C drive but nothing works sadly. The folders inside the C disk are windows: 25GB, users:7.2GB, program files: 5.5GB, program...
  8. Where did my external drives go?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where did my external drives go?: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro that was installed on August 24 when I bought the computer. I have 3 external drives: one 80 gb and 2 one terabyte. I have had no problem with any of the drives but yesterday one of the terabytes was no longer there and today...
  9. Where did my storage go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my storage go?: [ATTACH] Hey, maybe someone here can help me with my problem? As you can see in the picture below, my system has 256GB of storage and 185 of it are currently used. However, only about 125GB of it are really "in use". Adding up the size of all Folders on my C Drive gives...
  10. Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go?: The folders inside the C: are 6GB, 1GB, 647MB, 20GB, and 567 MB. And my total C: space is 222 GB of space. So I don't think if you add up the folder sizes it adds up to 222GB. So where did my space go? It should be more than 17.1MB i would think. It was 100GB and...