Windows 10: Why does it take more than half an hour for MS customer services to even start with a...

Discus and support Why does it take more than half an hour for MS customer services to even start with a... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have to admit, by and large, Microsofts CS reps ain't half bad - they need to be though I guess seeing how **** Windows 10 is. However though, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WINDOWS 10 IS USELESS, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Why does it take more than half an hour for MS customer services to even start with a...

Have to admit, by and large, Microsofts CS reps ain't half bad - they need to be though I guess seeing how **** Windows 10 is.

However though, I am trying to get the Google Chrome notification off of my Taskbar (as per the settings). Of course, Windows 10 will not allow this at all and so I contacted Microsoft support.

After half an hour of them trying to get me to provide my name, phone number and many other details (why I do not know, I just want a simple issue fixed), the furthest we had got was them asking me if it was pinned to my Taskbar (it isn't). Admittedly 5mins later they came up with the suggestion of completely disabling all non-microsoft programs to see if that helped. Wasn't too keen on disabling my AV though so...

Anyways, just another rant about how atrocious an OS Windows 10 is and how slow their customer services reps tend to be to actually get to dealing with your problem. I **** detest this company, especially with how much they have abused their market position these past 25 years or so. Who cares about the customer when they don't have any other options, right?

:)

WINDOWS 10 IS USELESS, Jan 21, 2019

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jan 21, 2019
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Janothin Win User

Why does it take more than half an hour for MS customer services to even start with a...

Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half way along with the taskbar settings not sticking.

Any suggestions will be great!

Janothin, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Why does it take more than half an hour for MS customer services to even start with a...

1. Why does it take more than half an hour for MS customer services to even start with a... - Similar Threads - Why does more

2. Why does Microsoft Start now take up more than half the top screen and leaves too little...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Start now take up more than half the top screen and leaves too little...: Microsoft Strat format covers more than half the screen leaving lii=ttle space for the content of selected items. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-start-now-take-up-more-than/f62ca005-58e7-42df-b4d3-e78a3dca8709
  3. Why does Microsoft Start now take up more than half the top screen and leaves too little...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Start now take up more than half the top screen and leaves too little...: Microsoft Strat format covers more than half the screen leaving lii=ttle space for the content of selected items. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-start-now-take-up-more-than/f62ca005-58e7-42df-b4d3-e78a3dca8709
  4. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  5. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  6. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours: Started the update on Tuesday around 5:00 pm and it was still running the following day at 5:00 pm. Message said it was running the update 100%. I need my computer so I shut it off. When I restarted it backed the upgrade back off automatically since it wasn't finished....
  8. Why does MS want to **** it's customers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does MS want to **** it's customers?: again and again. I'm just trying to get some work done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-ms-want-to-its-customers/e06fbccf-c51b-4b04-81ff-b9b008996305
  9. my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours

my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours: [IMG]the 99 percentage stay here for 5 hours and i have wait for finish for last 10 hours shall i turn off my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-updates-takes-more-than-10-hours/d6687bbd-5cc9-4197-97be-efaaec70baec
  10. Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours: I feel as if my laptop has been kidnapped by Windows updating. This Windows 10 update has taken nearly 48 hours so afar and is STILL running. I can't get into the lock screen or home screen to sign out of the internet or make changes to update schedules. The update is not...