Windows 10: Why does it take so long to update?

Discus and support Why does it take so long to update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WillianMcClendon, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Why does it take so long to update?

I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and again 3% when I turned my laptop off. Why so long to update? I could see an hour or so but not close to 24 hours. Is something wrong with my computer?

I did have a problem when I wiped my keys off with a sanitizing cloth and it would not let me inter my password and it told me to go to original settings and start over. Lost some file and had to reset up everything.

Again would like to load the Windows update but why so long?

:)

WillianMcClendon, Mar 30, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why does it take so long to update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 30, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Mar 30, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Why does it take so long to update?

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Why does it take so long to update?

1. Why does it take so long to update? - Similar Threads - Why does long

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does windows update take so long?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does windows update take so long?: I have a Desktop computer, and on its Hard Drives, I have 3 Operating Sytems, 2 of them are Linux-based and Windows 10 is the third. Today I was on Windows to do a ZOOM meeting, and because Windows is not my daily OS, I went to shut windows and it said it had an update. so I...
  6. Why does Windows 10 take so long to update?

Why does Windows 10 take so long to update?: My wife handed me her Windows 10 laptop a fortnight ago and asked me why it wasn't performing. I haven't used a Windows based machine for ten years so this was new ground for me. After an hour or two I had discovered that it was trying to update to 20H2. So I left it alone...
  7. Update taking so long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update taking so long: I started the whole process like an hour ago and it’s at 18%. I need to get my school work done for today and i would really appreciate info of why it’s taking so long and if there’s anyway to make it faster. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/iLovePotatoes__ [link]...
  8. Why does install an update take so long

Why does install an update take so long: On my HP running Windows 10 1903 said I had to restart. I did now it is telling me not to turn off since it is working on updates. It has been at 19% for 1 hours. What is going on? I am on metering wifi and told it not to update. It changes things on its own. I didn't...
  9. Why does startup take so long?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does startup take so long?: After I turned on my computer I finally saw the clock, after I saw my name and "welcome" without having to actually sign in. But I couldn't do anything for ten minutes. Not even turn off the speaker. Not even get anything to happen by clicking on the start button. Spotify...
  10. Why does downloading a game take so long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does downloading a game take so long?: Had just built a new computer because my old one did not have windows 10 and thought may as well full upgrade instead of just purchasing win10 purchased sea of thieves and now it has taken me 3 hours to do 2 Gbs My net speed is 2 megabytes a second on average It says that...