Windows 10: Why does it want me to sign into XBox for Windows 10 games? I don't have an X-Box and no...

Discus and support Why does it want me to sign into XBox for Windows 10 games? I don't have an X-Box and no... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does Windows 10 games want me to sign into XBox? I've never had XBox and only have a sign-in for the Windows 10 games. It's been working fine for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hotlegz57, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Hotlegz57 Win User

Why does it want me to sign into XBox for Windows 10 games? I don't have an X-Box and no...

Why does Windows 10 games want me to sign into XBox? I've never had XBox and only have a sign-in for the Windows 10 games. It's been working fine for several months until today.'b

:)

Hotlegz57, Feb 1, 2019

2. Game MS Flight for Win 10/X-Box?

In 2013, I downloaded the MS free Flight game and at that time I was on Win 7 operating system. I subsequently purchased many add-ons. Alaskan Wilderness, and many additional aircraft. I have the PayPal receipts to prove it. Over the years I was automatically
    upgraded to Win 10 system, which is completely up to date. Recently I went to play this game after a long absence and it opened up OK but previously I was automatically signed into Windows Live, whereas now it asks me to sign in again.

Trouble is it won`t recognise my Profile, so when I click "create a new Profile, a window opens which is all about X-Box. I don`t have an X-Box or controller.?

The second problem is Windows Live won`t recognise my email/and/or password.

When I go back to X-Box window, and bring up my account, it says"No Profile" and when I look at purchases ,none of my previous Gaming purchases are shown..

S

Can anybody help.Because I cannot now access the 'add-ons" which are now only accessed through Windows Live.

Move from:[Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

barrierlee, Feb 1, 2019
  3. x box app on windows 10

Hi Allan,

There are several reasons as to why you're encountering this issue. Here's a list of the common factors:

• An interruption with the Xbox Live server
    • Authentication failure of the account's login credentials
    • An outdated version of the Xbox app

Let's isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Are you using the same email address to sign in to the game and the Xbox app?
    • Have you made any changes to your device or your Xbox profile before encountering this issue?

To determine if your Xbox profile is working fine, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. If you can sign in, that means your profile is all good. Otherwise, follow the on-screen prompts to update your account information.

Catherine Cus., Feb 1, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Why does it want me to sign into XBox for Windows 10 games? I don't have an X-Box and no...

Can't sign in to xbox app on windows 10 laptop

Hi,

A corrupted file is one of the possible reasons as to why you can't sign in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Changing some the network settings can help to resolve the issue. To change your network settings, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type
      Internet Options in the search box.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click on the
      LAN settings button.
    • Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN, and then check
      Automatically detect settings.
    • Click OK, and then click OK
      again to save the settings.
    • Launch Xbox app and sign in again.

If you still unable to sign in to Xbox app, kindly reset the app from the Settings menu by performing the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select
      Apps & features
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does it want me to sign into XBox for Windows 10 games? I don't have an X-Box and no... - Similar Threads - Why does sign

2. Why don't I have xbox peripherals?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have xbox peripherals?: I don't have the xbox peripherals on my device managers tab. I don't know why and I see in videos and pictures that people have it and I don't. How can I get it?...
  3. Why don't I have xbox peripherals?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why don't I have xbox peripherals?: I don't have the xbox peripherals on my device managers tab. I don't know why and I see in videos and pictures that people have it and I don't. How can I get it?...
  4. microsoft content wants me to sign in, but no box open

microsoft content wants me to sign in, but no box open: Microsoft content is asking for me to "please sign in" i click that,a box opens then everything freezes! Also when i click on file explorer i cant open any files! 1 support doc. i read was to start in safe mode, when i did, i was able to open files.Thoughts?? Thanks...
  5. Signing to x box for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing to x box for windows: what happened to my sign in icon on x box for windows, and, how can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-to-x-box-for-windows/306e6add-ab2a-424b-b34b-0d2c392e2c79
  6. Signing to x box for windows

Signing to x box for windows: what happened to my sign in icon on x box for windows, and, how can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-to-x-box-for-windows/306e6add-ab2a-424b-b34b-0d2c392e2c79
  7. Why do I have an X-Box Live credential in my Windows computer if I never played X-Box games.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have an X-Box Live credential in my Windows computer if I never played X-Box games.: I deleted it but It comes back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-an-x-box-live-credential-in-my/55aea7ab-fc29-44e5-a389-2fd78c94cf40
  8. X-Box games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    X-Box games: Do I need special X-Box equipment to play with Windows 10? I am unable to make moves using keyboard & mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/x-box-games/149cda7b-c429-4e2d-9301-5936e102f533
  9. I do not have x box want to play as a guest how can i cancel this x box Have alwasy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have x box want to play as a guest how can i cancel this x box Have alwasy...: Have always played as a guest. I don t have x box now I cant play because it says I have to sign into x box. help. how did this happen after playing 2 years as a guest...
  10. Why do I have to sign into an Xbox "console" I don't have, and all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I have to sign into an Xbox "console" I don't have, and all of a sudden?: I don't have an Xbox and I don't want one, but all the help I see is related to Xbox "console" and I only want to continue playing MS solitaire. I can't sign in to Xbox Live (whatever the heck that's supposed to be) all of a sudden, and there's a complicated and dubious...