Windows 10: Why does iTunes keep doing this?…I’m not even using it for anything other than cable...

Discus and support Why does iTunes keep doing this?…I’m not even using it for anything other than cable... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goddy21 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goddy21, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Why does iTunes keep doing this?…I’m not even using it for anything other than cable...

/u/goddy21, Sep 11, 2022
  2. RickC Win User

iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Sep 11, 2022
  3. itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 11, 2022
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Why does iTunes keep doing this?…I’m not even using it for anything other than cable...

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Sep 11, 2022
Thema:

Why does iTunes keep doing this?…I’m not even using it for anything other than cable...

1. Why does iTunes keep doing this?…I’m not even using it for anything other than cable... - Similar Threads - Why does iTunes

2. Why does OneDrive use 1.5 Gb of RAM even when not syncing anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does OneDrive use 1.5 Gb of RAM even when not syncing anything?: OneDrive is always the largest consumer of RAM on my system, and that RAM usage is the same whether or not it is actively syncing anything. Microsoft support of course is a hall of mirrors for which the company should be ashamed, so I'm coming here to find answers. My...
  3. Why does OneDrive use 1.5 Gb of RAM even when not syncing anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does OneDrive use 1.5 Gb of RAM even when not syncing anything?: OneDrive is always the largest consumer of RAM on my system, and that RAM usage is the same whether or not it is actively syncing anything. Microsoft support of course is a hall of mirrors for which the company should be ashamed, so I'm coming here to find answers. My...
  4. Using anything else other than web is braking the network connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using anything else other than web is braking the network connection: After recent Windows Insiders update I have started getting crazy annoying issue - using any other network port than web is braking the connection almost immediately. E.g. when I try to watch a move on TV served by Plex server - connection gets broken after less than a...
  5. Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates?: Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. I'm on build 18363.836, but dosvc has downloaded over 40GBs today alone and it's still downloading. What could be that large that it's downloading? That's about as large as Windows 10 in its entirety. [ATTACH]...
  6. Computer won't do anything other than

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't do anything other than: Helping a friend with his laptop ! When it starts up it goes to the 4 blue windows in the middle of screen with a bunch of dots spinning, then it flashes "attempting to recover installation" then it flashes "Undo changes to this computer" ! Any thoughts on this ?? Thanks...
  7. Master audio doesnt do anything other than mute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master audio doesnt do anything other than mute: I've run into a problem, my master audio doesn't do anything other than mute all sound. App audio isn't dependant on the master volume, so I can't change the volume of anything without manually going into the sound mixer and setting the volume of an app to a needed level. I...
  8. Use other than Defender for antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use other than Defender for antivirus: I am just curious how many people disable Defender and install another antivirus!! 134425
  9. Cant boot windows or do anything other than be in the startup repair area and I cant even...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant boot windows or do anything other than be in the startup repair area and I cant even...: I was in the windows insider programme and then last night it gave me a blue screen saying that windows insider ran into a problem critcal_process_died I even tried resetting but it wouldn't let me reset Please help...
  10. Can't Access Anything Other than Internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Access Anything Other than Internet: I can't access any programs except Google which is on my desktop or task manager. When I click on the windows button nothing happens. Also I can't type in the "type to search" area. I have Webroot installed and McAfee which I supposedly uninstalled but is still popping up....