Windows 10: Why does local wifi get set to PUBLIC?

Discus and support Why does local wifi get set to PUBLIC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win10x64HOME on household wifi along with tablets, phones, her PC, Internet Radios, occassional guests ... Ensuring wifi network connection on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by muymalestado, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Why does local wifi get set to PUBLIC?

Win10x64HOME on household wifi along with tablets, phones, her PC, Internet Radios, occassional guests ...

Ensuring wifi network connection on this PC is set as PRIVATE. After a few days this PC loses some connections. PUBLIC / PRIVATE wifi found to be PUBLIC. Setting back to PRIVATE re-allows all connections. The cycle repeats.

What could be doing this? AVAST Internet Security is running.

All other devices are connecting OK as PRIVATE wifi.

Thanks for suggestions.

:)

muymalestado, Jul 10, 2019

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Jul 10, 2019
  3. matake Win User
    configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Why does local wifi get set to PUBLIC?

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Why does local wifi get set to PUBLIC?

1. Why does local wifi get set to PUBLIC? - Similar Threads - Why does local

2. Why does my wifi setting dissappear ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi setting dissappear ?: My wifi setting suddenly dissappear. I tried troubleshooting the network and internet and it says that "you're connected using a virtual network adapters thar we can't test"...
  3. Why does my wifi setting dissappear ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my wifi setting dissappear ?: My wifi setting suddenly dissappear. I tried troubleshooting the network and internet and it says that "you're connected using a virtual network adapters thar we can't test"...
  4. Wifi will connect to a local public network but not to my home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi will connect to a local public network but not to my home network.: My PC will connect to a local public network but not my home network, all my other devices will connect to my home network without issue. I have tried everything I can think of to try and fix the problem, I have reset my home network multiple times, I have reset and updated...
  5. Wifi will connect to a local public network but not to my home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi will connect to a local public network but not to my home network.: My PC will connect to a local public network but not my home network, all my other devices will connect to my home network without issue. I have tried everything I can think of to try and fix the problem, I have reset my home network multiple times, I have reset and updated...
  6. Wifi will connect to a local public network but not to my home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Changing wifi settings from public to private

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing wifi settings from public to private: I have seen the same question being asked with the same answer that apparently does not exist: I want to change my WiFi connection from public to private. The suggestion I keep seeing is: On the right side of the taskbar, select the Wi-Fi network icon. Under the name of...
  8. Public and private WiFi settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Public and private WiFi settings: It's completely disappeared from the WiFi options in the settings menu. Does anybody know where it's moved to? Every time I update Windows it causes havoc with my WiFi by setting every network to public and I've searched everywhere. submitted by /u/PerryDigital [link]...
  9. Is it safer to set your wifi as public or private

Is it safer to set your wifi as public or private: I was wondeing is it safer to set ur home network to public or private if u have no need of file sharing and a printer. I already know whats the difference I just eant someones opinion...
  10. connecting to home wifi but set as public??

connecting to home wifi but set as public??: So i've connect to my home wifi and for whatever reason windows 10 didnt ask me like 7 if its home, work or public its just automatically put my home wifi as public any way to change this or a setting that i am missing. 11511